"Because someone in your family stole one of my shipments."

That's bad news. "He doesn't know anything about that." I would stick up for my father until the day I died.

Jonathan smirked. "He better not." He stated. "Because if he does know about this and conveniently forgot to tell me, it will be a very sad day for the Carrlino family."

"You're not planning on killing Daddy are you?"

He shook his head, "I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...for now." He looked at my plate. "Finish your food. I'll go get your shoes and purse."

I sighed. I could only hope Daddy knows nothing about this robbery or that it was another family. Otherwise it might mean this was the day Daddy's going to die, and I would probably go with him. I quickly finished my food, then slipped on my heels and followed Jonathan to his car.

When we arrived at the dirty warehouse, I was glad I had jeans and close-toed heels on. I picked out the right shoes for last night. Daddy wasn't there when we arrived, but he would be here soon. A man was sitting on the ground with his hands behind his back. He was obviously bleeding. From where we stopped, I could clearly see his face. Not from my family. Maybe a nobody trying to make a name for himself.

I started to open the door, but Jonathan stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To ask who he is. I don't know this person."

"Because you know everybody in your family." He said doubtfully.

I nodded, "Damn near close."

Jonathan shook his head. "We will wait for your father. You will stay in the car until I tell you to come to us."

"Why do I have to wait?"

Daddy's SUVs rolled up.

"Because I don't want you to hear what I'm going to say." He read my worry and cupped my cheek in his hand. "Don't worry princess; you'll be safe and away from harm if you stay in the car."

He gave me a quick peck on the lips that made my heart flutter, then got out of the car. He straightened his jacket, then started walking towards the restrained man.

I've never been witness to this kind of business. I didn't want to watch, but I had to make sure nothing happened to Daddy. I could get to him, but I couldn't stop a bullet. Daddy had a straight business face. He practiced it during poker, but this one was more serious.

I couldn't hear that they were saying. Jonathan pointed at the restrained man. Daddy looked him over then shook his head. Jonathan nodded, then looked back at me. The windows were too blacked out for him to know he was looking straight at me. When he waved me over, the door opened for me. A man with a big gun told me to get out.

"What is Gabriella doing here?" Daddy asked. I could barely hear him. What Jonathan said sounded like a mumble.

The bodyguard walked me to Jonathan, who wrapped an arm around my waist. "Do you know this man Gabriella?" I looked at the man then looked at my Dad. Jonathan smiled at me and nodded. "Alright." Daddy looked a little worried now that he knew I was here with them. "Go with your father Gabriella. I'll see you tomorrow." Jonathan let me go, nudging me towards Daddy.

Daddy handed me to his personal bodyguard Daniel, who hooked my arm with his and dragged me into the SUV Daddy came in. As soon as I was in the car, it took off. I looked back and saw Daddy and Jonathan turn towards the man on the floor. I didn't want to think about what was going to happen to the robber. When the SUV pulled up to the house, there was a stake-out cop car, so we pulled into the garage. They might see the big illegal guns on the 2 guys in the car.