Chapter 12

1 week later I was glad to be coming home. I had a nice tan from going to the beach often. Jon had broken his promise of no business. He was on the phone for at least an hour a day. During that time I lounged on the beach and tanned. We went on a few tours, ate our meals together and spent our nights doing the newlywed thing. I was getting tired of the little routine, but Jon seemed to enjoy it. The only reason I didn't complain was because it was our honeymoon. I didn't speak to Jon the entire trip back, but that didn't seem to bother him.

Alfredo was the one who picked us up from the airport. I'm sure he could see how disappointed I was in the whole experience. The only noise in the car was Jon talking to whoever was on the phone with him. Then he hung up suddenly and looked at me.

"My parents are throwing us a party tonight."

That's not what I wanted to do at all, but I don't have much of a choice. "What time?"

"Dinner's at 7 with whatever to follow it."

I sighed quietly and looked out the window. Maybe this would be the most exciting thing this week.

"So how was the honeymoon?"

"Great." Jon said. "Very honeymoonish." I rolled my eyes.

"Your bride seems to disagree."

Jon looked at me. I just continued to stare out the window. "What? It was fun, wasn't it?"

"I'd rather not talk about it." I muttered.

"Any little ones coming?" I glared at Alfredo through the rearview mirror.

"Who knows?" Jon said looking at his phone. "It's too early to tell. I tried though."

My jaw dropped. "What does that mean? You were trying to get my pregnant?" Jon nodded. "You didn't even tell me!"

He shrugged. "What's it matter?"

"I want some say in what happens to my body."

"Oh come on!" Jon looked at me again. "You have to been able to tell I never wore a condom." My jaw dropped. "Plus your 'birth control pills'" he used air quotations "Are just sugar pills. They have been for months."

"You're an asshole."

Jon shrugged. "I know I am. Do you not want to have my baby? Or would you rather have someone else do it?" His stare told me he was 100% serious. Then he smirked "That's what I thought. You don't want to but you don't want anyone else to."

I felt like I was going to breakdown and cry. I wasn't ready to be a mom yet. I'm too young and immature to raise a kid and I know it.

"Cheer up." Jon said. "I want you to be happy you're having your husband's child."

"Why didn't you ask?" He shrugged. "You could have talked me into doing this willfully. Just springing on me that you've been trying to get me pregnant just tells me that you know I'm not ready for this!" My voice rose to a yell by the end.

"Feel better now?" I shook my head and looked out the window. "You're going to be fine. By the time it's born you'll be ready to be a great mother."

That eased my feelings slightly. "I'm still mad at you."

He smirked and sat properly in his chair. "Every night until the test says you're pregnant."

I rolled my eyes then we were home. I slept for 3 hours, then Jon woke me at 5.

"You have until 7:45. Then we're leaving."

"Why do we have to be so on time?"

"We'll be an hour late. It's not here."