Chapter 8

I quickly got out of bed and went to my closet. Jeans and a sweatshirt then I was ready to go. Jonathan was already waiting for me at the doorway.

Once at the hospital I had to wait 4 hours for my brother to get out of surgery. Mom and Dad were going to be longer. From what Jonathan had gathered, there had been 5 fatalities and 6 injuries. Guards and family. Enrique's doctor came out with a smile on his face.

"Enrique's going to be fine." Relief. "We recovered a bullet from his shoulder and his abdomen. Some physical therapy and he'll be just like new."

"Can I see him?"

The doctor though about it. "Give us an hour and he'll be awake and ready for visitors."

I nodded. "Alright."

The doctor left, then I sat down. One of Jonathan's worker bees walked up to him and pulled him to the side. New information. Jonathan told him something before coming back over to me.

"Let's go home and take a shower. Then we'll come back here when Enrique's awake."

"What if he wakes up while we're gone?"

"I'll get a phone call. You need some food. Let's go."

I nodded and held Jonathan's hand to the car. Once at the house, we ate the breakfast his mother made, then I walked upstairs. I grabbed a different pair of clothes, then went to take a shower. I locked the door and turned the music up. The heaven shower seemed gloomy with everything that has happened in my family this morning. My mom, dad and brother were all shot and hanging on to life and I have no idea why. I couldn't help but feel useless because I couldn't do anything.

After washing I sat down and let the water pour over me. Who would want to hurt my family? What did they do? I watched the door open. Jonathan came in.

"You okay?" I shook my head. I really wasn't okay. He turned off the loud music then walked over to me. "Anything I can do to help?"

"Tell me who and why."

He shook his head, "It doesn't matter right now. You should only worry about your family right now." That's disappointing to hear. "When everything is done and over I'll tell you. I don't want you to think about retaliation." He smirked, "That's my job."

I sighed and stood up. I didn't care that Jonathan was in the room. His eyes stayed on mine. "What's the real reason that you don't want to tell me?"

He sighed, "You don't need to know yet." I rolled my eyes. "Hurry up. I need to get in there and I doubt you want me in there with you."

I pressed the "off" button then stepped out. "It's all yours."

He stripped as he walked towards the shower, then spanked me when he was in reach. I didn't react to it. I was braiding my hair when Jonathan got out of the shower. Had I been in my regular mindset, I would have peeked, but it seemed unexciting. My family is in the hospital. Jonathan's phone started ringing. Alfredo's name displayed.

I didn't ask for permission to answer it. Jonathan was still drying off.

"Is Enrique awake yet?"

"Gabriella?"

"Yes, now is he awake?"

"Yea. Let me talk to Jon."

The phone was taken out of my hand. "What Fredo."

"There's info here for you when you get here."

"Alright. We'll be right there." He ended the call. "Don't answer this phone."