I'm Broken - Welcome Home (34)

(34) Welcome Home

So, I'm kinda on a mission today. Ax is picking me up around 9 am. We're going to pick up my bank card because Noah graciously left me over $50,000. Then I'll ask, if he can spare some time to take me grocery shopping then a quick detour to the mall because I needed a bathing suit. After that, Grayson is taking me to get information about applying to W.U. I'm so excited about everything. My life is finally moving forward.

Grayson, Levi and Adam might be the three hottest guys I've ever seen in my life. And to make matters worse...or maybe better, I live with all three of them. I couldn't help the smile that seems to be permanently fixed on my face.

I woke up pretty early today, 7 am to be exact. I'm guessing the guys are all still asleep because I don't hear anything. I grab my things and head to the bathroom to shower then wait for Ax.

I finished dressing and have on a pair of light-colored skinny jeans and a dark blue T-shirt. I might as well grab a light jacket because the weather is still unpredictable. I finish my outfit with gray flats. I don't wear much makeup or fuss with my hair too much. So a quick dab of lip-gloss and a couple sweep of the flat iron through my hair and I'm ready. I tiptoed around the house towards the kitchen hoping not to wake anyone up.

Grayson is already up rifling through a newspaper still wearing his stripped PJs. I walked over to him quietly and whispered-shouted "Boo!" in his ears. He almost fell off the stool in the process. I couldn't help but chuckle at him.

"So, that's funny, huh?" I nodded at him still trying to contain my laughter and clutching my stomach. I know he wasn't mad because he had a smile on.

"You're up early" I commented once my laughter died down. "Don't you college students sleep in as long as you can?" He gave me a guilty look.

"Well, I knew Ax was picking you up this morning so I wanted to catch you before you left." I gave him a questioning look.

"You know...registering for school today." He looked down at his newspapers quickly, probably embarrassed about bringing the subject up.

I walked over to him and lay an arm over his shoulder giving him a side hug. "I didn't forget. I'm so excited about today. You just don't know how much it means to me."

I already had my arm off his shoulder and now we were face-to-face. "So...why the gloomy look on your face?" Nothing escapes his notice because there was concern on his face.

"I just can't believe luck intervened again. After losing Noah, I didn't think I could function for a while. Losing him was like losing a part of me." My eyes were glistening with tears wanting to escape.

Grayson got off his stool and gave me a nice comforting hug. It felt good being held by someone.

I heard a low cough behind me and surprise, surprise. It was Adam. I broke the contact with Grayson quickly and looked at Adam. Why oh why does he have to walk around shirtless. My heart couldn't take much more of the eye candy in front of me. Adam gave me a smirk and walked around us. He sat his gorgeous behind on the stool looking through the papers scattered on the countertop.

I was still staring at Adam, not that he noticed. Grayson gave me a pat on my shoulder, startling me slightly. "So, we're still on for the school tour later today?"

I managed to break my contact away from Adam's body. "Yes, Yes! I can't wait. I might get to go to school with the three of you." Grayson seemed happy with my response but Adam turns to me and had a slight worry line creased on his forehead.

'Whatever' I thought. I heard the doorbell buzz and Grayson got up to answer it. I heard Ax's voice through the intercom. It was only a few seconds since Grayson left, but the air in the room between Adam and me was tense. I couldn't take it anymore so I grabbed my bag and walked to the front door. Ax was standing there looking like a big badass papa bear with faded jeans and his leather jacket on.