I'm Broken - Evil (9)

(9) Evil

I love the Pier and especially the carnival atmosphere. The first time there was spent celebrating my 16th birthday with Noah. He made it so special and the memories will always be in my heart to cherish until my last breath. I hope it meant as much to him as it did to me and judging from the look in his eyes, I can tell he's thinking about the same thing.

The walk was mostly silent but Noah and I have an great relationship that doesn't always have to be expressed with words. Small gestures were easilly interpreted. It was comfortable being with him.

"Thank you for taking me to the Pier again." I linked my arms with his and we walk towards my favorite burger place. I ordered the House Special Burger which had a little of everything mixed in...well, minus the mustard. I guess I should explain my hatred for the yellow sauce.

~~

My second summer with the Morrison children started off the same, or so I thought. They all came back home for the summer during their break from school. There were very few interactions with my brother Chad because he would leave after a week because of other commitments and activities. My parents told me he was always a busy child and they had to keep him involved in everything when he was younger. So I guess he got used to it and always stayed busy which made a relationship with him impossible.

Thinking about my little buddy Jason, I was excited to see him the most. Out of everyone, I missed him dearly when he left. He was never one to judge me, maybe because of his innocence. We tried to spend time together when I wasn't busy hiding from Mags. He had many favorite activities that usually required me to play with him and I certainly didn't mind at all because it took my mind off my sister and her evil ways.

I knew the Morrison's were loaded the first day I arrived at the property. They didn't have to say anything because it was obvious from the size of the house and expensive furnishings all around and inside the property. Roger told me he was an investment banker for several big companies in the area and Marge was a lawyer for a big firm. They both worked all the time and were rarely home at the same time in the evenings. When they were home, a concerted effort was made to interact with everyone with work issues immediately forgotten. The effort for family time was greatly appreciated.

One lazy sunny afternoon, Jason and I were playing out by the pool. Yes! A huge Olympic sized pool. Maybe that was exaggerating a bit but it was truly huge. Choosing one of the pool chairs to lay down, I watched Jason do his crazy jumps into the pool. A couple times, he had my heart racing from fear that he might hit his head on something but gratefully it never happened. I pretended to be a judge and would score him on his jumps and he absolutely loved the attention he was getting from me. On days like this, I felt so carefree.

Of course what would an afternoon be if Mags wasn't involved with my life somehow? She walks over and chooses to sit in the chair right next to me. It was too late to disappear when she was already here. The easier solution would've been for her to choose a different spot but that was too easy and she couldn't torture me then.

I tried my hardest to never get in her way or ever get noticed by her. Jason was oblivious to everything that was happening to me...at least that's what I thought. I memorized Mag's daily routine; knowing when she got up, showered, ate, went to the bathroom...everything! I felt like a stalker but not in the way a stalkers wants to harm someone. I learned all her habits because it was necessary for me to survive the few months when she was home in order to avoid daily hell.

I didn't want to look over at her so ignoring her was a better option. I kept up my excitement for Jason when he jumped in the pool and made his big splashes by clapping loudly and holding up all ten of my finger. "Perfect 10!" I shouted his way.