Chapter 5

Earkia POV:

I couldnt control myself. I cant believe what i just heard through the phone. I was in shock for a minute before i could pull myself together.

"Sweetie, Whats the matter." Langston said trying to comfort me but i pushed him away from me.

"Hurry, up i needa get to the hospital, Something is wrong with my aunt." I said yelling and crying.

Langston POV:

I didnt really know what was going on but I just listened to Earkia and got in the car. The whole way to the hospital she cried and didnt say one word. I decided to call Sam because Earkia would most likely talk her but Earkia didnt. Sam told me she would meet us at the hospital. 

When we arrived they told us to wait. Then the doctor came out.

"hello, everyone. Ms.April (Earkia's Aunt's name) has past away due to her lung cancer. She passed out at the store and went into a coma. She has been in the hospital for a day now and 30 minutes ago she passed away, im sorry. You can go the room and say your goodbyes." the doctor said before he walked away.

Earkia was still,cold, crying, and shaking. She didnt move or say one word to anyone.

Earkia's POV:

I suddenly felt alone. I didnt know what to do. All these different things ran through my head.

How could I have not have known that she had lung cancer? Why didnt she tell me anything?

Langston and Sam were just looking at me and waiting for me to do something. They seemed scared and sad. I walked in the room where my aunt layed. I sat next to her and cried. Langston handed me note that was on the table.

Dear Earkia, My favorite girl,

      Hey boo! if you reading this then you know im in a better place. So i guess i needa do some explaining,lol! well, I got lung cancer last year but i wasnt serious at first but during the time a had moved here it was getting worse. All the late nights and days that i didnt come home, i was at the hospital trying to get treated and it looks like it didnt help. But dont you worry and dont you cry because i will always be with you. I will check up on you every now and then. Promise we you wont push anyone away beacause people actually do care about. I love you and this is not goodbye.

xoxo, Auntie!

i cried even. I even cried my self to sleep.

-Later that night-

I woke up in my bed.It was like 12 p.m. I turned to left and saw Langston sitting in my chair looking at me. 

"Why are here?" i asked him

"Becuase i care about you and i wanted to make sure your okay." Langston said getting up and walking towards me.

After he said that the tears rolled down my face. He came in closer and hugged me tigthly. Man, I really needa that. He told me something but i didnt hear it because of my weeps. I slowy fell alseep in his arms.

-10 in the moring-

"Earkia, Earkia!" WAKE UP! Your sweating like crazy!" Langston sreams woke me up. The covers were soked in sweat.

"I was dreaming about my mom." i told him getting up and looking down. He got off the bed and walked towrds me.

"It's gona be okay." he told me kissing on my forehead. I pulled away and then i snapped.

"No, nothing is goning to be okay! I lost my last family member! I have no one left! Its all my fault! i should have been with her but instead i was with you! I should be with my mom but shot her! It's all my fault!' I yelled out.