Chapter 5

"What did she say?" Harry said quietly, peeking over my screen.

"Oh my god." I said, dropping my phone in my lap, covering my mouth.

Harry picked up my phone, looking worried.

His concerned face turned into a smile. "You've got to be kidding."

I shook my head. "I can't believe it."

"Oh spit it out already! What happened?" Louis exclaimed.

"She's transferring me to the offices in America. For the book I'm writing. She wants me to write it in a different setting and that will quote "help me with my imagery". I've always wanted to go."

"Now I know why Harry's so happy," Niall said, mischieviously.

"We're touring in America this fall." Liam exclaimed, wearing the same expression as Niall.

"Alice," Harry began, "would you like to join us on tour?"

I stopped and thought for a second. Would it distract me from my work? I had nothing to lose. I decided I would. Anyways, they might inspire me to write something.

"Yes. It'd be an honor."

So, I was off to America. The craziest, most life changing decision I'd ever make.

I packed all of the necessities into a few luggages (like four, which was probably a record for me), and got my flight booked to Boston for that Wednesday.

I left my apartment and my office. I wasn't going to set foot in there for another five months for so. I'd go ahead to start working and wait for the boys to come in October.

I took a plane into Atlanta Georgia out of London-Heathrow Airport. I then boarded the plane to the airport in Boston.

All alone in a new country, just me, my luggage, and pen and notebook.

Walking out of the terminal, I made my way to the bus station out in front of the subway entrance. The bus came and took me to a location a block from my new apartment.

I lugged my bags behind me that whole block, and finally arrived at the apartment. I was on the second floor. I took out my key and unlocked the door. Up the stairs and the fifth door on the left at the end of the hall.

The apartment was a lot bigger than the one in London, and equally as nice. Fully furnished with cozy looking couches and one of those fake fireplaces. It had a balcony overlooking the harbor, and across the harbor you could see the heart of the city. I saw TD Garden all lit up, the bridge, and docks on the other side.