Chapter Six

The Next Day

I awoken to the feeling of prickling in my left arm. Without opening my eyes, I rolled to my right side of the bed. Snores came from the left side of my bed. I bit my lip to keep myself from snickering. Whisper may have the face of an angel but she has the snore of a truck driver. I sat up, looked at her and froze.

There layed Molly tucked under the arm of Whisper. Her clear hazel eyes looked upward towards mine, her smooth pink lips smiling even wider. What the hell are you doing in my bed? I thought, growling 

The doll just simply grinned. The growling I made caused Whisper to stir. She rolled over on Molly, still heavily sedated with sleep. I smiled and kissed her forehead. 

Careful not to wake her, I slid out of bed and headed downstairs.

As soon as I reached the kitchen, my nose was hit with the overwhelming smell of frying bacon. My mouth watered. From behind, my mom took three eggs from the kitchen counter. Cracking them, she place the eggs into the pan with the bacon.

As she cooked, I scanned the room for a seat. In the middle of the room there was a wooden table that was covered by a red tablecloth. With the table came four chairs that were on each side of the table. I sat down on one of these chairs, waiting for her to notice my presence. She quietly sang a unfamiliar tune

"Me, You.  

Let's become butterflies... 

So we could fly away...  

I will tell you stories...  

Every day...  

.....About humans... 

.....About how they live....  

How they love...  

...always waiting for something... 

...always looking for someone...  

And they cry...  

Together we will understand... why... 

Why do they hate...  

What happens when they die... 

But we can only read stories...  

About pain and happiness...  

In this small empty world...  

Hey...Let's become butterflies? 

So we could understand... 

What is it - to live..."

Sitting down, I felt myself being pulled into a trance. Unconsciously I started humming along. The song was so beautiful. It drew my mind closer to blackness.

Images and visions flew into my brain. And soon I was pulled into one of them. Children being tortured, their insides being pulled out. Organs such as lungs,livers, arm and leg muscles flew everywhere. The living room where Whisper and I hanged out so frequently in, was covered in blood. On the walls were faces of parents, their eyes and mouths were sewn shut.

I gasped in horror and slowly backed away. It was a bloody masscre. The scene was horrifying. There were about five children that were kept in a cage. Three boys and two girls each of them bloodied and bruised. They hugged each other, all of them scared, terrified watching the scene with one question. Who will be the next victim? Two adults, a man and a woman were each taking their turns raping a little girl. She was about Whisper's age, about four years old. She was crying, hugging what little pieces of clothing she had close to her.