Chapter 1

The picture to the side is Arabella.                               

                                                                                 Chapter 1

“Hayden, give me the remote.” I stretched my arm as high as I could, the sleeve of my pajama shirt falling away from my arm. I tried my hardest to snatch the TV controller from the hand of my older brother, easily losing, due to the massive height difference. “Hayden, seriously. Stop messing around.” I was getting very aggravated. This was a very common thing that happened in my household. You know how people are always saying that older brothers are annoying, well those people were not lying. They are telling the truth.

“Why should I? It’s so much fun seeing you try to get it. Come on, just a little higher, almost there,” He taunted me as I stretched even further to get the remote. A smirk played on his mouth as he was obviously getting humoring out of seeing me struggle. 

My hand came close one time, scraping the smooth surface of the controller, but Hayden was faster. Before I was able to fully grab it, he raised his hand even higher, infringing me further from retrieving it. I dug my knees into the plush cushion of the black, leather couch extending my height. “Come on, Hayden. I don’t mess with you when you are watching your shows.” I continued on in the unsuccessful battle. Even with the added height of kneeling I was still shorter than him.

“It’s not my fault you’re so short. Maybe if you grew a few inches you would be able to get it.” He was now holding the remote at his highest arm span, making it completely impossible for me to even stand a chance. This is how our fights always went. I was always at an unfair disadvantage, whether it be age, experience or, in this case, height.

“Fine. Be an ass. I’ll just go watch it in my room.” I started to get up from the couch. As my feet made contact with the hard wooden floors of the living room, Hayden’s smirk disappeared and he gave in. My face was turned away from him and I smiled to myself. Like putty in my hands. Hayden would never want to win by default.

“Okay. You win. I just wanted to have a little fun. Here.” He brought the controller down to my level, which was a few feet. Pleased with myself, I sat back down on the sofa and went to grab the remote. Just as my fingers grazed its surface, Hayden pulled it back up into the air, the breeze that the sudden motion caused, slightly blowing my fine, textured hair back. “You think I would give in that easily. You don’t know me as well as you think, sis.” There that smirk was again. Ugh. As usual, Hayden was one step ahead of me. He knew that I would try to trick him into giving me the remote and he had an alternative plan to back throw mine.

“Hayden!” I threw myself at him, causing him to fall back on the arm of the couch from the weight on my body. I was surprised that my 120 pounds was capable of that.

“Arabella!” He mocked back to me. His smirk still situated on his lips.

“Give me the goddamn remote!” I continued to reach for the remote.

“Never. I’m not watching your stupid show.” He played with me by bringing the remote close to my fingers and just as I jumped to get it, he raised it back up.

“Teen wolf is not stupid!” I tried for the remote again, still failing.

“Yeah it is. The only reason you watch it is for the guys. I see how you react every time one of them takes off their shirt.” This battle had continued on for too long now. It was time to get nasty. I punched my brother in his abs, causing him to retract for a few seconds. When my fist made contact with his strong abdomen he grunted. During those few seconds of vulnerability, I leaped and finally captured the controller.