Chapter 1: Chandrea's life

"Good Morning! Time to wake up!" I heard someone's voice.

"Chandrea, come on! Get up from bed!" It was a woman's voice. She called my name.

"Hey! Today is your favorite Day!" She said.

I'm still lying on my bed. Eyes were closed. All I can hear is her voice and the sound of the aircon.

"Chandrea! Today is Arts Day!" She said.

Is it Mom? Is she my Mom?

I smiled. I quickly opened my eyes and looked at her excitedly.

My happy face shifted into a sad face when I looked at her.

It was not my Mom. It was my Nanny.

I remember again.

My mom was dead.

"What's with that lonely face? Are you not happy to see me?" asked my Nanny.

"No- I didn't mean that! I was j-just-" I said while stuttering.

"You remember again your Mom?" She asked.

"Yes?" I said in a questioning tone.

My Nanny is like my Bestfriend too. She knows me very well.

"You know Chandrea... It's okay if you think about your Mom. But, try to think about happy memories and not the sad one." She said.

I was just 5years old when my Mom passed away. She died because of Cancer. I was just 5years old back then. But I already felt sadness and lonelyness. And I can still feel that even now. Even though I'm already 15 years old. Every morning, every night, everyday. All thanks to my Nanny, she always makes me smile.

"That was past." I said.

"Okay fine! What are you waiting for? Take a shower and go downstairs to eat your breakfast. Remember? Arts Day!" She said.

Ow, Arts Day. Yah, that was my favorite subject. Because I love painting, I love playing guitar, I love dancing. TGIF! Every friday is Arts Day. I have 5hours to do those activities. But take note, just inside this big Mansion.

And by the way. I'm home schooled. Yah. All my life. Since my Mom passed away, that was the last time that I went outside.

I don't even know what a Mall looks like. I just heard my brother talking about that. And also, the restaurants, schools, park, swimming pools, everything! It was totally crazy right? But, this is my life.

I don't have books. I don't have internet or any gadgets like laptop and cellphone or even a television. But, we have one TV on the living room. But my dad don't allow us to watch television.

Why???! I always wanted to asked him. But, I have no courage. My dad is not always mad. My problem is, he was always cold. I can't even talk to him.

I am now taking a shower while still thinking about those thoughts.

So unfair right? My brother can study on a University. While me? I'm here! Just here. Always here. I'm just like- like... Nothing!

After I took a shower I worn my favorite pink dress for my arts day!

I go downstairs. I saw my Nanny putting some dishes on the table.

"Where's Dad?" I asked.

"As usual..." She said.

"Yah, at work." I said.

"How about my brother?" I asked.

"He's at the school now. He said he need to go early in the morning because there was a program in their school and he was one of the selected students who will  speak on the program." My Nanny said.