~Author's Note~

What’s next you ask?

   Well…I don’t know.

   Probably a romance, definitely a fantasy, some action would be good…

   Oh, you mean with my writing? Oh well I was talking about reading. I miss reading. I had to put it aside so I could finish Bound by Blood. Guess I’m not capable of doing both at once, I found it too distracting. Those who know me or have at least spoken to me in the chat know I need absolutely no help in that department, ha ha ha!

   Prime example, I’ve already forgotten my point…

   Oh yes, what’s coming next with my writing.

   Well I’d say that depends on which of the voices in my head yells the loudest.

   I’ve got several (worked out) ideas in my head, all very different from the next so it’s hard for me to decide where to start:

   -There’s the next in my namesake series, Music is my Muse (or M.I.M.M for short) Inspired by Breaking Benjamin’s, Without You. Encouraged by my (unusually) helpful muse, I plotted this one out in four hours. The story follows a male lead across Fairie in his search for the girl stolen from him. I can see there being two installments of that one.

   -Or maybe a more contemporary M.I.M.M novel about a modern witch who’s questioning her place in the world inspired by Was it a Dream by 30 Seconds to Mars.

   -Speaking of my M.I.M.M novels though, Chelsea is ready to tell her story in the sequel to Young. Things are unfortunately far from over for that crew and they’re battle to preserve earth.

   Then there are two series I’m keeping close to my chest, they need some love too since they tend to take a backseat to my Wattpad stuff, one YA, one definitely more adult. Those you’ll (hopefully) have to wait and see on the shelf to read.

   And that’s not counting the dozens of other half-cocked ideas I have in my head, characters without names but stories to tell nonetheless.

   Notice nowhere in there did I mention the next Anya? There’s a reason for that, it’s still one of those half-cocked ideas. There is, at this point, only a seed of an idea in my head. I need to give it some time and let it grow before I even think about giving you a start date. Remember, I wasn’t even planning another installment after this one so you have to give me a break when trying to figure out a worthwhile plotline for the next novel.

   Oh! I almost forgot! That’s another of those worked out ideas, a story from Anya’s world but based hundreds of years ago, long before the wolves were the presence in the “new world” that they are today. It’ll really give life to the history of the wolves; bring new light to their traditions. Like Anya it will follow a female wolf, but that is all they’ll have in common. This wolf is more than aware of what she is and where she belongs…or so she thinks.

   But, before any of that, there’s the reading. I don’t know how long it’ll be before I start writing again (it’s never that long before the itch creeps up on me again) and I’m considering at least banging out the first chapters of all those ideas before I take my hiatus, but in the meantime I hope you won’t forget about me. I’ll certainly be around so you’ll be able to get me on the chat so it’s not like I’m going to be away, away, but, well, I know how quickly people move on…

   In light of all this you’ll find a couple of newer posts under my works. One has been there for a couple of weeks now, but I feel the need to mention it again as I am still getting reading requests all over the place. Listen, I’m forgetful, I lose stuff, forget where I wrote this or that down, so in an effort for me to better keep my promises, please, post your requests there.

   The second “story” you’ll see will be more blog-like, a way for me to keep you all in the loop without annoying those who don’t care with broadcasted messages. Look for that one shortly. I’m not sure how I’ll break it up, maybe a week of ramblings under one “chapter” but I’ll worry about that when the time comes. I can promise you lots of distracted musings, random ideas that may not go anywhere, favorite quotes, thoughts on the latest books I’m reading and, of course, some insider info on what I’m working on and what’s to come. Don’t forget, there’s always my Twitter (xMimmx) and Facebook (Mimm Maynard) too for daily snippets from said random brain of mine. I wouldn’t say you need them both; I use Tweetdeck to post so it’s really just one thought in two places. I can’t guarantee any sort of consistency because I get a bad case of tunnel vision sometimes, and when I’m that focused, breaking away even to write a two line blurb is not only horribly difficult, but often detrimental to my flow.

   I hope to see some (if not all) of you there. It’s not about fishing for comments, but your thoughts on everything as well. ;)

   And in case I don’t say it enough, thank you to you all for your support! I know I may forget to say it when you guys comment, but it’s just because I get so excited knowing you all are so involved in my story!

   Till the next time…

   (As always) Hugs and Love, Mimm