12: She's So High

12: She's So High

♔Matt Klarner♔

"Emillyyy... Emillyyy... wake up Liquorice..." I shook her, calling her by the nickname she gave herself last night. She was a deep sleeper. I continued to shake her shoulder.

She mumbled and used her hand to push my face away, turning to her side so that her back was facing me.

I tried waking her up at noon, but she wouldn't budge- and I mean literally. I tried lifting her off the bed; nonetheless, her grip on the mattress cover was undefeated. Then came a tug of war of blankets followed by a kick in my stomach when I tickled her feet. So I left to kick the rest of the hungover people out of my house and clean up the mess along with some maids. I never help clean, but I had so much energy -since I didn't drink yesterday- that I decided to help out. There wasn't much I could do anyways. The tennis courts were a bore without anyone to play with, I've seen all the movies in the home theatre and lending a hand to the maids was the least I could do after all the shit they had to put up with. I even bought Emily some breakfast from a nearby restaurant since the chefs were off work, but she didn't wake up so the $15 hot chocolate was left by her side to turn cold. 

There were thongs and bras in almost every room upstairs, drugs and cans everywhere and apparently someone thought it would be funny to fill my empty swimming pool with beer. After five hours, I headed back to Natalia's room to once again, try waking up Emily. This time, I went with another approach. 

"I had fun last night. Thanks for a great time."

She shot up immediately and looked at me with regret. Her hands went straight to her chest where there was no bra and covered only by Natalia's old sheer nightgown. "Oh my gosh. No, no, no. Did we-? Oh no, we did, didn't we? You asshole! I can't believe it." 

Now this was revenge for kicking me in the stomach. I picked up her bra and tossed it to her, only to see her hyperventilate. Her chest rose up and down rapidly and she buried her face in a pillow. 

Okay, I'm not that mean. I burst out laughing, "I'm kidding, nothing happened. Is the thought of hooking up with me that bad?"

Catching me off guard when I turned around to get her an Advil for the guaranteed hangover, Emily whipped the pillow at the back of my head. "You asshole!"

"Hey!" I threw it back at her. "I have sex with you, I'm an asshole. I don't have sex with you, I'm still an asshole. Which would you prefer?"

"We didn't... do it, right?"

"No we didn't." I put the pill on her palm. She looked at me questionably. "For the headache."

She swallowed it with the glass of water I handed her right after. "Then why don't I have my bra on?"

"Are you sure you want me to tell you?"

She nodded naively, clueless about all the events from last night.

"Jack drugged you, but I caught him before he could do anything to you. You 'awarded' me with a strip and may I say, it was quite appealing. Oh, and your new stripper name is Liquorice."

Emily groaned painfully and buried her face in the pillow again. "Thanks. For... you know." She mumbled. "What time is it?"

"Five."

She shot up again. "My mom's going to panic!" She jumped off the bed, and picked up the white dress she wore yesterday. 

I chuckled at her franticness. "I called her, she said it's fine as long as I bring you back in one piece."

"What?! She said it's fine?"

"Yup," I said popping the P.

"Isn't she worried I'll... I don't know, become a druggie and have a orgy?"