11: Good Girls Go Bad

11: Good Girls Go Bad

♔Matt Klarner♔

The party was in full swing and Emily hadn't arrived yet. I felt like a complete idiot wandering around looking for her since Shelby texted me they were coming. A couple girls glued their bodies to me, but I pushed them off and went upstairs to get a good look at the entire first floor and door. Thank goodness I didn't have the burden of trying to avoid clingy Bridget since she was grounded. 

"Waiting for a special someone?" Tyson slurred, already drunk. His stance wavered from side to side as he clung onto the balcony railings for support. He's always been quick to get wasted.

"Who?"

"Emily."

"Yeah, it's been two and a half hours. I don't know what's taking her so long."

"So you admit she's your special someone?"

"What are you talking about?

"I asked if you're waiting for a special someone and you said who so I said Emily and you said something and she said-" Tyson stopped mid sentence when the double entrance doors opened just as the DJ changed songs like in those cheesy chick flicks my sister used to watch.

Emily entered first and it looked as if she was being pushed in. When I saw her, my jaw dropped. I have never been so in awe with a girl and Emily was the last person I thought I'd submit to. She shuffled in with her arms covering her chest. The white dress defined her perfect figure and even though the dress was tiny, it still captured her innocence. The shy girl I've been in school with for three and a half years was now this stunning swan before me. She made all the other girls here look mediocre. I couldn't pinpoint what exactly made Emily look so hot, but she was beyond beautiful. It might have been the way her blonde waves cascaded past her shoulders or her teasingly toned legs. 

"Naughty angel," Tyson joked in a pedophile voice when he noticed me checking Emily out.

I descended down the stairs as fast as my legs could take me. I almost couldn't contain the excitement that she was finally here. 

"Matt!" Emily gave me a hug and when she pulled away, left her hands on the back of my neck. Her sparkling, unfathomable, brown eyes still pierced into mine. 

"Wow you look..." She bit her lip and I would've said beautiful, but the wuss in me backed out, "good." I just couldn't say it to her. I've called a ton of girls beautiful just to get them in bed, but Emily was different. I was afraid that showing the slightest sign of intimate attention would ruin our friendship.

Her expression dropped as did her hands. "Thanks, it was all Shelby."

On cue, Shelby strutted in proudly and was welcomed by Tyson. Both of them headed upstairs immediately to do their usual business. "Let's make ballon animals out of our condoms and sell them to little kids!" I heard Tyson suggest Shelby on their way up.

"Anyways, the party looks pretty awesome," Emily started.

"No probs- it was all Shelby," I imitated, giving Shelby all the credit. The air was thick between us and I could barely say a thing to her. I felt like a pimply sixth grader asking out the most popular and beautiful girl in school. My palms were already sweaty from nervousness and I gulped.

Once again, we were interrupted- this time by Jack, who placed his arm on Emily's shoulder casually. "Dude, we need more drinks. Tyson downed everything."

"I'll go get them."

"Want to go upstairs?" Jack asked Emily just as I was about to leave.

Emily pushed Jack's arm off her shoulder with contempt and opened her mouth to reply. She probably didn't know that upstairs was where people hooked up and I definitely wasn't going to let Jack take advantage of her like that. "She doesn't want to hook up with you," I answered quickly.