5 - The Council

John's POV

My dad and I stopped at a little diner that was a couple minutes away from the council's headquarters and got some breakfast. The food was really good, almost as good as my mom's cooking and my mom could be a famous chef if she wanted to be. We mainly sat in silence for awhile as we ate. When we finished, I started to get really nervous. I felt like I was going to throw up. What if they're disgusted with Cole and I? I couldn't stand the idea of them trying to take Cole away from me now.

Oh shit! I'm in love with Cole. I can't believe I didn't really realize it until now. I mean, I knew I loved him but I didn't realize I was in love with him and I never told him. God, I suck as a mate. I could just tell him through our link but I know how Cole would rather have something romantic and cheesy even though he knows I'm not the romantic type. So, I'm just hoping everything goes good today so I have the chance to do something stupid and cheesy for him.

I was pulled from my thoughts by my dad. “Dad, what if they try to take Cole from me? I thought I could deal with it at first but I just can't. I need him dad, I love him. I know it took me long enough to realize it but he's everything I've ever needed and I realize that even when I was with all those different girls that they were just substitutes to who I really wanted. I can see that all along it was Cole that I wanted and needed, no need in my life.”

“I'm glad you realized that son. You know how I feel about Cole. I will do everything in my power to keep you both together. I want you to be happy and if it's Cole that makes you happy, then I'm going to fight for that if I need to. I know mating with another male has never happened before but the council doesn't like to mess with the Gods choosing our mates. I've really only heard of a few times where the council has actually broke the bond between mates but they only did it because one time, one of the mates went crazy with blood lust and began killing a bunch of humans. The mate couldn't handle the guilt of being mated to someone crazy like that. Another time, one mate was in a very serious accident and the mate became a vegetable. Unfortunately, the parents wouldn't pull the plug so the mate was still constantly connected to his mate even though she was no longer there, except her body and he was constantly in pain and reliving the accident constantly. We don't know why his mind replayed the accident but we think that was the only thing replaying through his mate's mind. There were a few others but I don't know all the stories. I think you'll be fine son.”

I just sat there watching him for awhile and thinking over the stories. It seemed they only broke the bond between mates when one of the mates really wanted it as long as they had a good reason as to why they wanted the bond broken. I no longer wanted to break the bond. All I wanted was maybe some reasons as to why I'm the first male werewolf to mate with another male werewolf. I had so many questions that I really hoped they could answer.

“Alright son, we need to go. Our meeting with the council will start in 30 minutes. We still need to check in to let them know we're here and ready so the council will be alerted,” he said as he stood and paid the check, leaving a nice tip for the waitress. I stood as well and continued to think of the questions that I hoped to have answered by the end of the day. I just hoped nothing went wrong so I could go home and have some alone time with my mate.

We arrived at the council headquarters about 5 minutes later and checked in at reception. We sat in the lobby and I decided to text Cole and check up on him. He should be awake by now, at least I hope he is.

J-Heyy babe. How you feeling this morning?

It took about 5 minutes but he soon texted me back.

C-heyy John you asshole. Idk why you even asked, i'm sore as hell of course

I chuckled and quickly replied.

J-that just means i'm doing it right babe. and don't complain...you screaming my name told me how much you liked it