Alexandria's Genesis l Four

The rest of the week went slowly. I spent the days looking forward to the weekend, where we had planned to go on a boat trip. Christy’s parents had bought her a big boat, like a tiny yacht, for her birthday. And now she finally agreed to take us with her on a little trip to one of the islands that were placed around our town. I had asked if I could bring Tanner along, but after a quick argument we decided it was best that it was just the four of us.

It was Friday, last class and I was sitting next to this one girl called Brittany in Science class waiting for our teacher to show up. Nearly twenty minutes had gone by and we had seen nothing of old Mr.Brithers. I leaned back in my char and glanced around the room. Brittany was scribbling B + T, for Tanner; who had quickly become quite popular with the ladies, and then she drew tiny red hearts around it. I rolled my eyes at her, wasn’t writing stuff like that a little elementary school? I thought we were done with this kind of stuff.

Suddenly the door opened, and every student in the room rushed back to their seats and the room grew silent.

In walked Mr.Harrison, my math teacher who also teaches Science, with a bunch of students following after him.

“It seems that good old Mr.Brithers was hit by a car when he walked to school this morning. Don’t worry, he will be alright, but he will not come to work for at least four weeks.” Mr.Harrison’s deep voice boomed trough the room. “Therefor we will now combine my class, and Brithers class. Is this understood?” We all nodded and a few mumbled yes.

“Good. Now, my students,” He said and turned to his students, who was waiting eagerly behind him. “Go back to my classroom and each of you grab a chair. And then come back here and sit down at a desk.”

After a few minutes most of the students came back with a chair in their hands. Tanner came walking towards my desk and I could hear Brittany’s breath speeding up. Seriously, how old is she?

“Hey girls. Do you mind if I sit with you?” He asked, staring in to my eyes, wondering if it was okay. I was about to answer something along the lines of; sure or something, when Brittany cut me off.

“Yes, oh god yes! You can sit on my side!” Her eyes beamed with happiness.

“No I’ll just sit here.” Tanner said and dropped his chair down beside me and sat down.

Mr.Harrison clapped his hands loudly so that all eyes where on him.

“Looks like everyone has found a place. Good. Now, since Brithers is not here and I do not know what his class is doing right now, we will start a new project. Together.” He smashed his hands together as if to emphasize on together. “This project will be about human evolution. You will make a poster, combined with text and photos, explaining the evolution. Does this sound alright?” He asked smiling; clearly this was something he enjoyed. Hmph.

I could write myself as the final stage of evolution, I thought to myself with a sad smile.

“Are we doing this in groups or…?” A kid asked.

“Yes, I haven’t had time to make you into groups, so your group will be those of you who share a desk; groups of three and four. You can start now,” Mr. Harrison said before he went and sat down behind his desk.

“Cool. Looks like we’re a group then,” Tanner said and turned towards Brittany and myself.

“Great,” Brittany beamed. This must be a dream coming true for her.

“Okay,” I sighed, “When should we start working with this?”

“How about today?” Brittany asked.

“No good. Saturday?” Tanner said, again his eyes locked with mine.

“Can’t. I’m not home,” I said, and started thinking about the boat trip. Man, it was going to be a blast.

“Where are you going?” Tanner asked, and his eyes told me that he really was interested in hearing what I was going to do.

“Boat trip,” I simply said. I looked at the clock, five to three, only five minutes was left of this class and I could go home. I started packing my things together.

“Sunday is good for me,” Brittany butted in, desperate for Tanner to move his eyes from me and to her. He didn’t.

“Me too,” he said.

“Great Sunday it is,” I said as I stood up and walked out the door exactly when the bell rang; signalizing that school was over for today.

*******

Sorry for taking so  long. Won't be as long till next part, i promise! 

But this chapter is more filler. Next chapter will be about the boat trip.  

xx