Part 3

"So if x equals negative thirteen, and y equals three, what's the answer?" I asked Louis, pointing to the equation on the homework sheet.

"Um... Nineteen?" He asked, doing his work on another piece of paper. I nodded my head, "Good." I whispered.

"Really? I was just guessing." Louis mumbled the last part.

"Come on Lou, you can do better than this. It's been four weeks now and you haven't learned a thing!"

"I'm just distracted Harry. I can't do anything about it." Louis said.

I sighed, I really have to get used to that name, "What's distracting you?"

He smiled, leaning in until our foreheads touched, "You."

He kissed me, moving my hair to the side. I let go for a second to get a catch of breath, then put our lips back together. He pulled on my shirt, pulling it over my head. I leaned down until I was on top of him, Louis' hands groping onto my backpack to regain balance.

He felt something inside, taking it out. "What's this?" Louis asked. I looked at what he was holding, it was my glasses.

"It's my friend's, I'm holding it for him." I lied.

He put it back into my bag, continuing to kiss me.

"Louis, we've got to start focusing, the test is tomorrow." I said, putting my shirt back on.

He smiled before sitting back straight, solving another problem on his paper. I looked at his face, I've never seen him so happy before. It made me happy. Then I realized he thought I was Harry due to his mental disorder. It's sad, really. I'm developing feelings for him even though I said I wouldn't, and even worse, he thinks I'm his dead boyfriend and I'm still going along with it. I feel so dirty, doing this. I feel like it's not right, but he said he'll stay alive as long as I'm still here.

"Harry?" He said, trying to get my attention.

"Yea?"

"I finished this one, is it right?" He asked. I looked down at the paper, surprised by what I saw.

"Louis, it's correct! You did your work too and everything!" I said, excited for nothing.

"I tried really hard since I know how much you care." He smiled. 

I heard the front door open, seeing Louis' mum come through the door frame.

"Marcel! You're still here? You've been here all day!"

I looked at Louis if he noticed I was called by my real name, but he didn't notice one bit.

"Well, I guess I should be going than, I don't want my parents to worry." I said, packing my stuff and saying goodbye.

***

I had my feet up, on the coffee table, relaxing and watching some t.v. when I felt a vibration in my pocket. I picked up my phone and read the text from Louis.

"Meet me in the shed at the back of our school tomorrow morning 7:30. xx"

I smiled as I read it, frowning a few times as well. I feel ashamed doing this, but I can't stop. I know that somewhere in Louis' brain he knows that I still exist, and I'm not his resurrected boyfriend named Harry. I love that I get to spend time with him, but I hate how he doesn't love the actual me.

***

"Louis... Louis?" I whisper shouted, standing at the door of the shed. I opened the door to it, the lights dim but still able to see. Although I didn't see Louis. I walked a bit further into the shed until I was pushed against a wall, making me groan out of shock.

"Hello." Louis smiled, his hands pushed hard against my chest so I couldn't move.

"Louis I..." I said, interrupted by his kiss.

I gently pushed him away, "I think I have to tell you something.." I hesitated.

"What is it?" Louis said, becoming worried. I walked to the other wall and back, thinking if I should do this.

"I'm not.." I said, interrupted by Louis again.

"Wait, shit I almost forgot to take my medication, can you open this bottle?" He said, tossing me a bottle of water.

"Shouldn't you have taken it before you left your home?"

"I forget sometimes, I don't like having my mum remind me." He smirked, twisting the bottle cap.

After he put the pill in his mouth, I remembered how he tried to kill himself, and what he said.

"As long as you're here."

I can't take that risk. He's only going to be disappointed, or depressed. I never knew you could love someone so much that you see them in someone else. He took the water bottle from my hand and took a sip. putting the cap back on.

"You were going to tell me something?" Louis asked, scratching his nose.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I just wanted to say I love you." I said. Louis raised his eyebrows, he knew I was hiding something.

"I love you too." He said, about to add something but quickly shut his mouth.

I heard the bell ring, leaving without waiting for him. My eyes looked up, breathing out heavily, refusing to let one tear out.

You only did this to protect him, it's not like he would have ever loved you.

***

 "Okay students, pass up your homework from last night." The teacher said.

I didn't talk to Louis during the period. I could tell he looked at me a few times but I pretended that I didn't notice.

"Something wrong?" Louis asked, putting his hand on my shoulder. I shook my head, "Nothing's wrong. Don't worry." I said, putting my hand on his but not looking back at him.

"You didn't talk to me after you told me you love me."

Maybe it's because you don't love me back. "Really? Sorry, it wasn't intentional." I lied, giving him a half smile. He paused, then continued to work. I sighed lightly so he wouldn't hear, but I wish he did. I wanted him to know, but then I didn't. I didn't know what to do, I've never been in a situation like this before. I pinched my elbow, to distract the pain everywhere else. I wish I never met him. If I did good on that one test I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't know who he is.

But I kind of like how it happened.

It changed me. I now actually know what it's like to care about someone, to be a normal person. Even though I pretended to be Harry, I guess I just kind of... became him.