Part 2

I waited until Louis opened the door, my hands in my pockets. He slowly opened the door, then walked further into the house. He didn't even look at me. I adjusted my glasses as I walked through the door frame. I gently threw my bag onto the couch, and sat next to it. Louis sitting beside me.

"Alright, let's get started." I said, getting my math textbook out, and the homework our teacher gave us earlier today. Louis didn't say anything. He just looked at his knees, almost unable to move.

"Louis?"

"I'm listening, just teach."

"Louis, you're never going to learn this way." I said, trying to get face to face with him.

"I do fine in class by just listening." Louis mumbled, moving his eyes to his arm.

"Yea, listening to your stupid music, right? That's probably why you're failing." I yelled, shutting the textbook.

"Hey, have you forgotten that you're failing too? Even I did better than you did at the last test we took."

I stayed silent for a few seconds. "Well at least I know I'm smart, I'm probably still going somewhere in my life, unlike you! I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up homeless in the future."

Veins suddenly popped up from his neck, he got up and hovered over me, "So what if I do? I don't care if I take what the future gives me! Fuck, I could die in two seconds but I wouldn't care, because you know what? Shit happens, and you can't do anything about it. I won't care if I fail high school, I won't care if I got hit by a train, I wouldn't care about anything."

My eyes were open wide. I didn't know whether to be inspired or to call him stupid.

I spoke as soon as he calmed down, "You have a lot of bravery, you know?"

He squinted his eyes, now ignoring eye contact. He rubbed his forehead a few times, "Um... I'll be right back."

I stared at him as he ran upstairs and to his bedroom, shutting the door. I read the textbook for a few minutes until I heard sobbing coming from the room Louis was in. I got up, slowly walking up the stairs, wondering if I should bother him or not. I heard another sob coming from him.

"Fuck." I whispered, opening his door.

What I saw was rather shocking. He didn't notice I was inside, and he was walking around the room, ripping his hair out, wiping his tears, ripping his hair out, wiping his tears.

"Louis?" I called. He turned around, turning back as soon as he saw me.

"Get out of my house." He stuttered.

I walked over to him, sitting on his bed and pulling his arm to sit down with me. I got him a tissue from his end table, but he was already using his shirt.

"What's wrong?"

He sighed, "It's a long story."

I looked at the clock, seven P.M.

"I have time."

He looked at me, his eyes and nose a bit red.

He stretched his arm to get a picture frame, and passed it to me. It was him and some guy with curly hair. "Who's that?"

"I had a boyfriend last year. His name was Harry. It was our one year anniversary and he died in a car crash, I guess I'm still not over it."

I squinted my eyes, "But then why were you crying tonight?"

"Look at him Marcel, he looks exactly like you."

I coughed, "You knew me even when we haven't met."