Chapter 10

Chapter 10

       "You know," Dax said as we walked towards the cafeteria. Normally, I sat with him and Seb, except for when Ty wanted me to sit with him. Even though Ty was my boyfriend, I couldn't ditch my two best friends for him. He understood. Kind of. "Seb has been a lot happier since he forgave you."

       "Surely he was happy before I came back," I said.

       Dax rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, not really. You know what he's like now and how much he changed. He got into a lot of bad stuff since you left."

       I sighed. "Yeah, I know. I'm just happy he decided to forgive me."

       "I'm happy he forgave you too," Dax said. "It was hard for me to see him change so drastically when you left and now that you're back, maybe he'll go back to himself."

       "He already seems like himself," I said.

       "Yeah, he really isn't," Dax said. "Just last night, he came home extremely drunk. At least, I think he did...."

       We got to the cafeteria and saw Seb sitting down at the table we normally sat at. Dax and I sat down as well and Seb gave me a smile. "Hey, so I have a favour," Seb said to me.

       "What?" I asked.

       "Break up with Ty," Seb said.

       I sighed. Seb did that almost every single day. He kept saying that he wanted me to be happy, but then he kept telling me to break up with Ty. "Seb, come on," I said. "You know he won't hurt me."

       Seb muttered something under his breath and I raised my eyebrow in reply. He ignored my questioning look and began eating his lunch.

       Ty walked up to the table just then. "Hey, Artie," he said. "Do you want to come sit with me?"

       Right as I was about to reply, Seb snapped his eyes over to Ty. "Don't call her Artie," he demanded.

       "She's my girlfriend," Ty said. "I can call her what I want."

       "Uh, I actually prefer Artemis," I said to Ty. It really did feel weird for anyone but Seb to call my Artie. Even my parents didn't.

       Ty looked at me with hard eyes. "Are you serious? You're letting him call you Artie, but I can't? I'm your boyfriend."

       "I know," I said. "And I'm sorry, but it just feels weird whenever someone calls me Artie."

       Ty scoffed. "Whatever, Artemis. I'll just be at my table then. Have fun with these two."

       When he walked away, I sighed and rubbed my forehead. Why did he have to be like this? Whenever we were on our dates, he was the sweetest guy ever and never got angry. But then whenever I hung out with Seb or Dax, he got so mad.

       "So, like I was saying...." Seb began.

       "Shut up, Sebastian," I snapped at him. "You should be happy I took your side over his. Whatever problem you have with him, just put it behind you."

       "Whoa, you didn't have to snap at me," Seb said.

       "You're being annoying," I said. "Why can't you get over the fact that I'm not going to break up with Ty?"

       "Why?" Seb repeated. "Because he's a jackass! He's only going to end up hurting you and I don't want to be the one to say I told you so."