Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Seb looked out the window of the dojo and sighed. "Artie, your boyfriend's here," he said.

I followed his gaze, seeing Ty standing there. The second date we went on was much better than the first and on the third date, he asked me to be his girlfriend. When I told Seb about it, he was not happy at all, but then he told me that he just wants me to be happy.

"You should probably tell him to leave," Seb said. "Nobody except for the instructors and students is allowed here."

I sighed and looked at Seb. "You just want him to leave, don't you?"

"Well, yes, but you know nobody else is allowed here," he said. "Dojo rules."

I raised an eyebrow, looking at Dax who was sitting on a nearby bench, listening to music. I then looked back at Seb. "Nobody else?" I asked.

"That's different," Seb said.

I knew something was going on with Dax and if he was allowed here, there had to be a reason. "Alright, I'll be back," I said before walking out of the dojo. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I just thought I'd check out your job," Ty said. "I didn't know Sebastian worked there as well." He said that, like any other sentence that mentioned Seb, in a harsh tone.

"He's the one that got me the job," I said.

"Of course he did," Ty said. I was going to ask him what he meant by that, be he continued coming. "Mind if I come in for a bit?"

"We're actually not allowed to have visitors in unless one of our students is earning a belt," I said.

Ty immediately frowned. "Then how come Sebastian's brother is in there?"

"I honestly don't know," I said. "He's an exception for some reason."

"That's kind of unfair."

"I'm not the one who made the rules, Ty," I said. "I would let you in otherwise, really, but I can't."

Ty sighed, looking quite irritated. "Whatever. I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school." He leaned down and kissed my cheek before walking off.

I went back into the dojo and walked over to Seb. "He's mad."

"I could tell," Seb said. "You should break up with him."

"Seb, seriously?"

"What?" he asked. "That's just my opinion."

"I thought you wanted me to be happy," I said.

"I do, Artie," Seb said. "And I know he acts --I mean, I know he is sweet to you, but I just don't like him. So, remember what to do if he ever hurts you."

I rolled my eyes. "I know. I tell him that my best friend is a third-degree black belt."

"Then you tell me and I'll kick his..." He looked around, remembering that there were a bunch of five year old children around. "Butt."

"Nice cover," I said. Though I didn't think the kids would have noticed if he used the other word since they were all too busy running around or talking to each other.

We had to wait five more minutes for the class to start. Even though I became an instructor here a couple days ago, this was my first class.

And apparently, I was Seb's assistant instructor.

I knew there was a catch when he offered to get me a job here.