Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

★ Gray's POV 

I was floating, but not in the sense that I was free, but like I was trapped in water, suspended in a moment of time.

I tried to raise my arms and the liquid around me resisted against my movements. I tried to push against the water, to break free of the cage, but it seemed to get me more stuck. I was too tired to keep trying, so I let my arms hang limp by my sides.

Am I dreaming? I thought. I attempted to open my eyes, allowing a small sliver of light to pass into my field of vision. I couldn't make sense of what was going on around me. The world felt like it was spinning; toppling around on an uneven axis and making me dizzy. My head swirled and I tried to make sense of my thoughts, but everything was so fuzzy I couldn't think straight.

Where am I?

What happened?

I heard noises all around me, but they seemed distorted. Murmurs of voices I didn't recognize came from all directions. The thickness of the water made it impossible to hear what they were saying. I could only catch the occasional word, but it didn't help me make sense of what was going on.

I was so tired, and my entire body felt heavy. All my senses were heightened, and yet I couldn't move. Tired of fighting the drowsiness, my eyes fell shut again, my consciousness ebbing away into nothingness.

A/N: Sorry for the smol chapter. Don't worry, though. Next chapter is the one you've all been waiting for. ;) *cough* reveal *cough*