Immortal Love

My heavy breathing felt like tremors, shaking my whole body. My brain, unable to focus on the simple images in front of me. I, was weak. Weak, and afraid.

As I took my final few steps up to the clan standing before me, I bowed my head and waited for the final impact of the stake that would be driven right through my heart.

The legends of the Immortals were based around vampire myth and folktale. It was thought that vampires were to be the strongest and the most powerful creatures that ever walked the planet. That was until the 18th century, a vampire scientist by the name of Arthur Kindle created a monster that was shown to be more powerful than he.

This new monster was developed by a mixture of vampire blood and the souls stored in a life support. They can walk long distances without the need for food or water and are also able to heal themselves in the most extreme cases and within a blink of an eye.

Most commonly, they were known as a ‘Soul Vampire’, to stay alive they would have to suck the soul out of someone or something. Taking ones soul gives you greater power than blood. When other vampires found out about these creatures they instantly became afraid and worried that they could be defeated.

After all their life of being the most powerful, it was ordered that they were to be destroyed by its creator, as the population were beginning to grow rapidly. Arthur declined and told the leaders that his creation was none of the dangerous type and that there was to be no evil that would come out of this.

Many years passed and Arthur came to enjoy the company of his creations, however it was taking years to create a fully sustained life support; a small, round, crystal ball containing the trapped souls of those who have died over the years. It was the main thing that kept so alive and so powerful.

Many were destroyed by the elder vampires; a clan which was founded as the first five powerful vampire born families joined together as one.

Arthur however, became immensely attached to these creatures. When it came to the stage that his creations were becoming an even bigger threat to civilisation, they were ordered to be destroyed immediately.

All vampires and werewolves reunited to conquer the destruction of these creatures. This was to ensure that no other lives were to be taken.

Arthur Kindle lost his sanity after having his family destroyed right before him. Grieving deeply, he tried to create more creatures, but the clan forbade it. Destroying every creature before it could regain the strength and power. Everything was taken out of hand as many more creatures were destroyed in the creation of them.

Arthur was not happy. He never gave up, but then the clan was forced to execute him. His craziness was creating more evil in the world.

After the execution it was thought that Arthur’s spirit burst out like a flame and burnt down the land of his home. So that none of his work was to ever be found and used again.

In time, his story became a myth, and then legend. The race of the Immortals was extinct, or so everyone thought of it to be. However, a year ago I was faced with my supernatural experience . . . A vampire. Many troubles were ahead of me, but with a strong perseverance, I wasn’t afraid to back down.

After all . . . They’d eventually find me.