Spencer Davis

Run.

That's all my thoughts could process as I ran away from what would surely lead to my demise. The black, shadowy figures grabbed and pulled on my clothes, trying to capture me. I fought them off as best as I could but no one, not even I, can escape their demons.

It all began, when I was born. My adoptive parents were gathered around the fireplace on Christmas Eve, huddled together. Kate was lying in Thomas' arms and they were gazing into the burning flame when suddenly, a frantic knock fell upon their solid oak door. They rushed to their door thinking to themselves, who in their right minds would be out on a snowy Christmas Eve. They pulled the door open with haste and revealed a small, wrinkled woman in tattered clothes. The woman was withering away, they told me, she was nothing more than skin and bones. She was pale faced and bony legged. She was shaking from the cold, from the lack of well-insulated clothing, and goosebumps covered her body. Her long, ratty, white hair, covered part of her face where as the other was wrapped in wrinkles. The only flattering part of the woman was her emerald green eyes. Kate and Thomas smiled politely at the woman despite her appearance and they questioned her presence. The poor woman didn't reply but instead, she smiled and handed Kate a small bundle wrapped in red sheets. Kate looked at the woman confusedly and  glanced at Thomas for his opinion. He simply laid his hand upon her shoulder and comforted her as she unwrapped the bundle revealing a grey, crying mess. A young baby boy with dull grey skin, hair, and eyes. They gasped and Kate almost dropped the baby in surprise, stumbling a bit to catch him. As she did, she noticed the lack of feet where the woman from before was standing. She glanced around but all she could manage to find was a lovely, scarlet red cloud filling the air. It sparkled in the moonlight just before dancing and twirling it's way to the grey baby. The cloud approached the baby just as the baby inhaled a deep breath. The couple stood in shock and fright as the entire red cloud filled the baby's lungs. The baby closed its eyes as the red smog disappeared inside of it. When it opened its eyes, instead of the dull grey color of usual, there were bright, emerald green eyes in their place.

That boy, was me. Spencer Davis.

Copyright @2016

If you would like more on Spencer Davis(my Oc), I'd love to do some more! (Maybe if enough people like him, there will be a story) ;) (I'm already planning one anyways! XD)