Chapter 5

Chapter 5

  When I awoke the next morning, I lay there in shock. I, Alyssa Samuels had gone on a date with Edward Styles. The Edward Styles. The one girls fawned all over. He had kissed me. He had even tried to get to second base with me. I blushed at the thought, so flustered of the embarrassment that had followed that event. I rolled out of bed, ruffling my hair before climbing down the stairs to breakfast.

                When I got down there, I wasn’t surprised to find the kitchen empty. It was Sunday which meant Alice had the day off. Even though people don’t usually work on Sundays, my father was so obsessed with his work that he went into the office anyway. I think it was so he could ignore the rather shaky relationships at home. As in his shaky relationship with me.

                After I finished breakfast, I returned to my room and unplugged my phone from the charger. I found myself with four new messages:

Robin: How was your date last night? GIVE ME THE DEETS GIRL!

Edward: Good morning, beautiful.

Harry: I am coming at 1.

Dad: We are going to visit my family at 12.

                I laughed at Robin’s overenthusiasm before quickly texting her back that I would call her later. I smiled at Edward’s text, replying with a smiley face. I ignored Harry’s message and moved to my father’s. I looked back and forth between my dad’s and Harry’s. Crap. I texted my dad an okay and texted Harry that he would have to come at another time. He didn’t reply.

                I got ready to meet family that I haven’t seen in about 10 years. I dressed in a black pleather skater skirt with a fitted white crop top and jean jacket, covered in band buttons. I threw my hair up in a high sock bun, and threw on some black high tops. Going for a punk look, I did heavier eye makeup with a light pink lipstick. Even after I finished getting ready, Harry still hadn’t texted me back. I started to panic, feeling bad if no one would be here when he came. I checked the time, 11:50. I tried to call him but all I got was his voicemail, meaning his phone was off. I tried his phone 3 more times before giving up.

                I grabbed his jacket and a piece of paper. I scribbled out a quick note, sticking the paper in the pocket. I seized my purse, slipping my phone inside it before leaving the house. As I stepped outside, I saw my father’s car pulling up in the driveway. I hung Harry’s jacket on the step railing, running my hand over the soft, worn leather, and then turning to climb into my father’s car. I just hoped it wouldn’t rain.

_________________________________________________

[Harry’s POV]

                I pulled up to the house Edward had described and he was right. It was huge. As I rolled into the driveway, I made sure to gun my motorcycle extra loud, just to alert her that I was here. I slowly swung my body off the motorcycle, unstrapping my helmet and running my fingers through my curls, pushing them off my forehead. I rubbed my arms to get a little feeling in them. I couldn’t wait to get my jacket back; it got really cold riding in just skinny jeans and a white t-shirt.

                I ran up the stairs, skipping them two at a time. I was looking at the ground, hands in my pocket as I went up. I walked slowly to the door, double checking my appearance in the reflection of the window before ringing the doorbell. And after a minute passed, I rang it again.

                After ringing the bell about twenty times, I concluded there wasn’t anyone there. I wished I could just pull my phone out of my pocket and called her but it was at home, charging. I had stayed up late, waiting for Alyssa to reply. I fell asleep like that, phone in hand. When I woke up it was dead, so I had plugged it into the charger, not giving it a second glance after sending Alyssa a reminder text.