Chapter 1

A/N: Hi! This is my first fanfiction on Wattpad. I'm excited to write this story :) Thank you for reading and please review! xoxo

Chapter 1

                Don’t you love packing up all your stuff, leaving the place you’ve called home for about 16 years and leave the people and all the wonderful memories you’ve had behind? Yeah, me neither. When my dad first told me we were moving to Seattle I thought he was joking. I laughed in his face long and hard. Until I saw his face, which was dead serious. Then the laughter was replaced with tears. When I got over myself, I thought it would be ok. I would have plenty of time to prepare myself and the people around me for the change. And there I was wrong again; my dad told me we were moving in 2 weeks. I had 2 weeks to pack up my world and leave without a trace.

                Ok, maybe I was being a little overdramatic but seriously, two weeks? Let me tell you, those two weeks flew faster than anything else in my life. While I had to help my dad pack up our life, I was also trying to fit in some last YOLO moments with all my friends, the whole time trying to hold back tears. We had lived in Minnesota for 16 years; my dad had lived in Minnesota for about 25 while attending the U of M. He continued to live there after meeting my mother in college. They got married the moment they both graduated and continued to live in Minnesota because that’s where her family was. My dad’s family is in Seattle which is probably why we are moving there of all places.

                I would be lying if I said I wasn’t expecting it. After mom died from breast cancer 2 years ago, I knew my dad was trying to get away from all the places that reminded him of her. He had signed us both up for therapy sessions together, but I was the only one that attended them. See my dad has this condition. He’s addicted to his work. Before mom died, he was always around to play with me or watch a movie or read a book with me. After she died, he began to work harder, moving him up. Now he was very successful, moving us up from our middle-class status. I never announced this to my friends because I knew they would treat me a little differently.

                My dad told me we were moving to Seattle partly because that’s where his family lives but mainly because that’s going to be the new headquarters of the law firm he works for, which he is now going to be running. I had to take a plane ride to Seattle by myself and find myself a cab to my new house by myself. My dad was already there but was in a meeting. By the time I arrived to the house, it was about 7 pm. I thought we had arrived at the wrong house when the taxi pulled up. I triple checked the address before climbing out of the cab, handing the driver a few twenties. I stared at the enormous house in front of me. It was not a creepy, old fashioned mansion, like I had envisioned, but a very chic modern house with a ton of large windows. The driver handed me my bags, which I slung over my shoulder. I walked up to the door and opened it with the key I had been given by my father earlier. I prayed it worked and it did.

                When I entered the house, I walked into a massive entrance way and spotted a note stuck to the wall across from the door. I read it and it said:

Alyssa,

I’m so sorry but I will not be home until 10 pm or later tonight. Order some pizza for dinner. There’s money on the table. Your room is on the third floor. That whole floor is yours, decorate it how you like. I have the second floor and we share the first floor. The kitchen is on the first floor and I had them set up a television in the living room before I left.

Love, Dad

                I set the note down and called the closest Chinese restaurant. I know my dad said pizza but I was really craving Chinese. When I had my order placed, I dragged my bags towards the massive staircase. I went to the first floor, and looked around the kitchen. There were boxes everywhere and four bar stools sitting at the island. I then continued up the stairs up to the third floor.