Chapter 5

*Dakota's POV*

"H-hey....um.... Maybe we should get going n-now. B-bring your art project..... I w-was thinking we could.... Um.... Work on them uh.... T-together...." Marcel trails off.

"Sure! But....maybe I should get changed.... I don't want to ruin my outfit...." I smile. "I'll be right back. Make yourself at home." I run upstairs, and change into an old white t-shirt, and some black spandex shorts. I keep my hair and makeup as is, grab my painting, paint brushes and my mini easel, and go downstairs, to where Marcel is waiting.

"Uh... H-here.... Le-let me help y-you w-with that...." He stutters, but kindly takes my art supplies.

"Thanks, babe."

*Marcel's POV*

"Thanks, babe." Dakota says, before gently kissing my cheek.

"S-so what are you pa-painting?" I ask. Why do I keep stuttering!? I must sound like a loser right now! -Oh! Wait! Nothing new there....

"I'm painting a peacock feather. They're always so colorful, and they are just really pretty." She grins.

Not as pretty as you. You're the most beautiful girl I've met, and you actually gave me a chance! Well at least now I have somebody to talk to, and I guarantee she'll always be there to listen.

"M-Marcel.... D-do you really mean that....?" Dakota stutters, as she blushes a deep shade of crimson.

"D-did I-I say that o-out loud...?" I ask nervously, looking down slightly, and set the art stuff on the coffee table. Dakota sits beside me on the couch.

"Yes." She whispers, her face still the deep shade of red.

I nod slightly. "Dakota, you're b-beautiful. I-I d-don't know how I got th-this lucky. B-But I-I'm just fortunate that you gave me a chance. Nobody knows the r-real me, so they just automatically assume things...." I look down again.

"O-Oh, M-Marcel...." She whispers. "You're such a sweetheart, I don't know why nobody else wouldn't give you a chance." She says, as she rests her forehead against mine.

"Because you're the only one who could look past the glasses and the sweater vests." I explain.

"Marcel? Instead of working on our projects, can we just stay here and talk....?" She asks sweetly.

"W-We can do anything you'd like." I reply, pulling her in for a hug.

We sit in silence for a couple minutes, before I think of something to say. "D-Dakota....? What a-are you t-thinking about, lovely?" I ask quietly into her ear.

"You."

"....me....? What about me....?" I question, signaling for her to go on.

"You're sweet. You're kind. You're hot. You're.... Perfect!' Dakota whispers.

I look into her golden, honey colored eyes, and find myself leaning in towards her lips.

Our lips make contact, and as if on cue, I felt like there were a million fireworks being set off inside me.

"D-Dakota? I-I have a question fo-for y-you...." I trail off, any try to convince myself that I can do this.