Part 1

In my school, honors classes were down one floor from the general classes. I've been in honors all high school, so I've never actually been up there. Not that I'd want to.

"Marcel, are you listening?" The principal waved his hand in front of my face.

"Um.." I mumbled, clearing my throat.

He sighed, "I'm really disappointed Marcel, you have the best grades out of all the students but you failed the last seven tests you took, and now it's too late for a make up test."

"I'm sorry, I'll do better." I said, not really listening.

"You said that the last time, and you still failed. I'd really hate to do this, but I'm going to have to remove you from the honors classes and move to the general classes."

"No way!" I yelled, getting up from my seat, hovering from his desk.

"Sit down Marcel, this is for your own good."

I sat back down, "I was distracted, but now I'm not, I swear. I seriously promise this time that I'll do better, just please don't put me in general classes with... those people."

The principal froze for a second, then he sighed, "How about this, I put you in general classes, but if you show more than improvement I'll put you back in honors, does that sound good?"

I thought for a moment, about to say something a few times but didn't, "Okay."

He smiled, "Great, now go home and rest. Come back here tomorrow morning for your new schedule."

I got up and left, not saying a word, or even giving a smile. The second I got home, I looked through my closets, looking for something I could wear tomorrow that wouldn't get me beat up, but nothing worked. I fell on my bed, stuffing my face against my pillow. I sat up when I heard my brother come through the door.

"You alright mate?"

"No."

He sat down next to me, "Well..." He stretched the L.

"It's not that bad once you get used to it." He patted my back and left.

I watched him walk out and close the door. I stood up and unbuttoned my sweater vest, then my shirt underneath, going to the bathroom and getting ready for bed.

***

I heard my alarm go off, but I was already wide awake, thinking of an excuse for why I shouldn't go to school, but none of them were good enough.

The school bus was worse. Not because people were picking on me, but because now I probably have no way out of this, but I knew I'd have to face it sooner or later.

When I opened the door to the principal's office, I saw him asleep on his chair, drooling on his desk. I didn't bother to wake him up since I saw my schedule on the edge. I took it and left, going upstairs before the bell would ring.

I opened the door to the class room, the teacher writing something down on the board.

"Marcel! Welcome! Sit down, the bell will ring soon."

I looked at the seats, I was the first one to show up. I sat in the back, hoping that no one would notice me. It wasn't until after the bell rung, that I realized the worst people sat in the back. Now I couldn't change my seat.

"Marcel? Marcel Styles? What's a nerd doing in general class?" A guy with red hair laughed with his friends. He sat down next to me, just because he knew it'd make me uncomfortable.

He took his jacket off, revealing his many tattoos, including a deer on his arm. I rolled my eyes. I was never a fan of tattoos, and I probably never will be.

"Okay class, take out your homework from last night." The teacher said. I watched the red haired boy take his paper out, reading the name on the top right corner.

"Louis Tomlinson"

"What are you looking at?" Louis flipped his paper over.

I shrugged, "Just wanted to know what your name was."

He squinted his eyes, "How about asking?"

"It's not like you would have told me anyways."

He stared at me for a second, then looked back at his desk.

"Louis, can you stay after class? I have to discuss some stuff with you." The teacher asked.

"Whatever."

"Marcel too." She said.

"What? Why?" I looked up.

"We'll talk about it later."

Louis and I looked at each other for a second, irritation in his eyes and frustration in mine.

After the bell rung, 'we watched people walk out, but we stayed in our seats.

"Come here please."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Louis, your grades aren't improving one bit, they're getting worse, actually, I think you need a tutor, and I want Marcel to do it."

"What?" We both yelled in unison.

"Can't you get a teacher to tutor him?" I asked.

"Unfortunately all the teachers are already tutoring another student, there are no more available teachers."

"What about another honors student? Why me?"

"You're the best student in the school Marcel, you failed some tests but I know that knowledge is still in your head. Please boys."

Louis heavily sighed, "Whatever." He shook his head, storming out of the classroom, slamming the door.

I turned my head back to the teacher, who was already staring straight at me.

"Sure." I shrugged.

***

I walked  into the boys bathroom, adjusting my glasses when I felt someone grab the back of my sweater and pushed me against a wall, turning me around.

"The fuck... Louis!"

"Listen Marcel, I'm not your friend and I never will be, alright? Just because know we're forced to study together doesn't mean I'm suddenly your bitch. You got that?" He pushed me harder against the wall.

"I always had that. I didn't want to be friends with you anyways, so fuck off you ass."

I pushed him away and walked towards the door, "Wait." Louis stopped me, passing me a note. I looked down at it. It was his address and his phone number, "Come tonight." He pointed at me as he walked out.

I don't get why he has to do this to me. I'm smart, so what? That's not a reason to hate anybody, ever. Maybe it's because he's so screwed up in the head, or maybe he just hates everybody. I don't know. Today in class was really the first time I've ever seen him, and I wish I never did. I don't even know why I even agreed to the deal the principal made, or the teacher wanting me to tutor Louis. It just doesn't make sense.