Ch. 4 Getting To Know About Him

• Dedicated to Hashim Tariq

Author's Note: 

This chapter of my little book is dedicated to my best friend ever. Thank you for bringing a huge change in my life.  xoxo =D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now that's what I call BORING"

Megan said to me. putting down her food tray, piled with what the school claimed to be 'Healthy', to me it didn't even look edible, let alone 'Healthy'.

"I know right. I nearly fell asleep" I told her with a chuckle

"Oh.My.Gosh" Megan said, grabbing my hand in excitement

"What?" I asked her, my eyebrows crinkling in confusion.

"Remember that new boy. He's coming over" Megan said

I knew it was completely dork-like, but I turned around to look at Taylor. His beautiful head full of blonde hair, and those eyes, so icy blue. 

"Stop staring" Megan snapped.

"Sorry" I blushed. 

"You've got it bad" Megan smirked 

Soon, Taylor stood in front of us, with his own 'healthy' food tray

"Hey" he smiled, my heart nearly stopped.

"Hey" Megan greeted. I couldn't bring myself to say anything. So unlikely.

"Can I sit with you guys?" Taylor asked, looking at me expectantly.

"Yeah, sure" I managed to say.

He smiled brightly and plopped down on one of the chairs.

"I'm Megan and this is Carly" Megan introduced.

"It's good to meet you guys. I'm Taylor" he introduced, thrusting out his hand for us to shake. Megan shook his hand, and then he held it out for me.

I extended my hand too. As soon as our hands met, electricity and sparks ran through me. Did he feel it too?

He held my hand for longer than necessary.

"Well, Carly is a teen actress. Ofcourse you might know that" Megan said. Screw me for not having the courage to look up into his dreamy blue eyes.

"Really?" he said in disbelief

"You haven't heard about me?" I asked him. Not knowing if i was disappointed or happy.

"No, actually. We used to live in a very small town before coming here. My parents are all into helping the poor so they wanted to live there. No Internet, No TV" Taylor explained

"No Facebook?" Megan gasped in horror

"No" Taylor laughed "No Facebook either

"Wow, are you human?" Megan said getting up

"Where are you going?" I asked her

"To get something to drink" Megan winked at me and left. She is so dead. There was a unidentifiable silence between us. 

"Ummmm.. So, Carly. Do you wanna walk home with me? You know after school?" Taylor asked, his cheeks going red. He was blushing. Did that mean he liked me too? I mean he sort of asked me out right?

"Yeah sure, I live nearby" I said, his gaze bored into mine, and I felt myself melting away and the bell rang just that minute. It felt good, to be asked out so NORMALLY, and not because I were famous or rich. For myself.

For who I was. So REGULAR AND ORDINARY, it barely seemed real.