Chapter 6 Week three

>>>>>>author notes>>>the picture is of the daggers that she finds for Derrick<<<<

~Amira~

She stood by the window, looking out at all the snow. Winter came early this year and dumped two feet of snow in three days. She sighed. She been stuck in the tavern for the last two days and she was bored out of her mind. She wasn't allowed to be outside for very long due to the drop in temperature. She hated it. It felt like she was back in the castle, where her father was controlling her life, but she wasn't. Her entire family was dead. She was the last heir, and she was hiding like a coward. Why couldn't they just attack? Fight back and take back what was hers. They were strong and had numbers, so what were they waiting for? She walked away from the window and sat in the chair. She covers her face with her hands. She was glad she wasn't back in the castle.

"Amira, are you ok?" Said a male voice

She looked up to see Derrick. He wore a worried expression on his face. His hood was also down which wasn't like him. She faked a smile and stood up.

"Yes, I'm ok. Thank you for asking."

He smiled at her lie but didn't push it.

"May I ask why you're here?"

"Cecilia wanted me to ask if you would like to join us?"

"I'll join." She said grabbing her cloak

"You don't even know where we're going?"

"Right now, anything is better than this stuffy tavern." She said with a smile

She turned around to grab her boots and heard him chuckle. That was the first time she ever heard him laugh. It sounded good. She smiled at that. She turned back around and looked at him. He wore half a smile. Why was he looking at her like that?

"I'm ready." she said walking past him, "Let's go."

She walked down the stairs and out the back door. There stood Cecilia, Calvin and Maddison on their horses. Cecilia was holding on to prince's rains while Calvin held on to a white horse reins. Calvin and Cecilia were talking about something while Maddison looked pissed when she saw her.

"Who invited the princess?" Maddison said with a smug look

"I did! I think she should get some fresh air with us!" Cecilia said with anger, "If you don't want to come, I don't care. Nobody invited you."

"Yeah, I don't care either." Calvin said

"Enough guys, Amira is coming and Maddison if you do have a problem with it, you are welcomed to stay." Derrick said pulling up his hood and climbing up on his horse, "I for once I'm leaving you guys."

He kicked his horse into a trot, leaving them all to bicker about who should come or not.

"I agree with Derrick." She said climbing on her horse, "Arguing about it is just childish."

She also kicked her horse but kicked her into a run. She wanted to feel the freedom. The cold wind numbing her cheeks as she ran. She could hear the other horses running, trying to catch up to her. She wanted to push her horse and race them but that wouldn't be a very smart. She was still wanted and there were still bandits in the area. So, she slowed her horse down to a trot. She rode just behind Derrick as Cecilia rode up next to her.