Chapter 1 The Beginning

"Again!" yelled Amira going over to where her sword lays on the ground

"Lady Amira, if you keep going like this, you'll end up killing yourself. Please give it a rest for the night." Said the general

"Martin, I have to push myself until I'm just as good as you or any of these men. Now please again." She said taking her stance

"Ok but you asked for it." He said attacking

He swung his sword hard at her chest, but she blocked it. Then she swung her sword at his chest as he stepped back. Then swung it low which caught him off guard and made him stagger.

"Not bad m'lady but don't get overconfident." Said Martin

She smiled as he came at her again. This time he sent one blow high then one low and then right for her chest which she blocked but he rotated his sword which loosened it and threw it away from her.

"Didn't I say don't get overconfident?" Said martin holding the sword close to her throat, "Now will you please call it a day?

"You beat me this time but no." She said stepping back and walking over towards her sword, "Again."

"Amira, it's time to give it a rest for the night." Said an older woman

"But mother I..............."

"No buts, tomorrow is the royal ball and I want you to be in decent shape. Now come my dear."

"Of course, mother." She said picking up her sword and handing it to the general, "Thanks martin for the practice."

"Anytime m'lady." Said martin taking her sword, giving a little bow and walking away

She turned and walked with her mother towards the castle's main door. Her mother wore a light red dress with her hair partly up.

"Amira, you are too hard on yourself and those guards. You can't learn everything in one practice let alone in one night. These things take time."

"I know mother, but I need to be ready before something does happen. I can't just rely on the guards."

"Amira, you are a princess and sometimes you need to act like one." Said the queen, "Tomorrow there will be no practice. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes mother."

"Good and there's one more thing, prince Charles will be coming to the ball. Please be on your best behavior and have at least one dance with him."

She rolled her eyes but said nothing. As they reach the doors, her mother turned to her.

"Daughter, I know what you're thinking, and I wish you didn't have to but we all must make sacrifices for our kingdom and its people." she said taking her in a hug, "I only wish for your happiness and hope one day you will be as happy as I am in my arranged marriage. Now go change before supper."

She let her mother go and walked into the castle. Queen Elizabeth turned to the right and walked towards the castle's garden. Tall shrubs and rose bushes hid the entrance. As she walked further in there was a bench in the middle with shrubs scattered around. She sat down on the bench and waited. A few seconds later someone walks out behind a shrub.

"Any news?" Said the queen never looking behind her

"We believe they will attack tomorrow night?" Said the stranger

"How many assassins can you gather before then?"

"I'm sorry but I only have four at your disposal. Everybody else is too far away."