The Bad Boy and Shy, Nerdy Me

Hello Everyone!!!

This is the new book my friend Asini and I are writing. It is a little cliche though I hope you still like it :)

SmilingGabby

So this is me, boring, a little nerdy (I admit) and self-centred. I’m Summer Parker.  I am now in my senior year of high school. In books they say senior year it “THE BEST YEAR OF YOUR LIFE” but not for me. In fact I’m pretty sure this is the most uninteresting year in my whole life. Every day of my life is the same.

I do have a good group of friends Chloe, Sam and Ally. All these girls are very nice though I’ve only known them for only a few years. I did have a couple of best friends at the beginning of high school but eventually each of them left my school. At first I thought they had left me behind on purpose (especially since they all ended up at a private school for stuck up girls) though I don’t think that was the case. So with my new group one of the other reasons I’m not close with them is because of our different interests.  One, they listen to One Direction and Justin Bieber and I don’t. Two, they wear tight fit clothes that show as much of their skin as possible and I don’t. Three, they spend their spare tie at the shops looking for the latest fashion, effect make-up and go gossiping all while flirting with boys and I don’t. I hardly ever listen to music since my parents refuse to get me an IPod and when I do I don’t listen to crappy cheesy love songs. I usually dress up with whatever comes out of my closet first which is usually a shirt and jeans. I know a lot of girls would be traumatized by this though really I just can’t be bothered to put in effort to something dumb. Lastly I spend my free time reading in my room trying to block out the noise of my parents arguing. Yes, my parents are the type of parents who are always and I mean ALWAYS arguing. They probably want divorces though are staying together for me. This may sound incredibly selfish though I don’t want them to separate because if they do I will have to move house and neighbourhood and possibly school and will most likely be terrible.

I go to Redbrook High School. Weird name I know, I have no idea where it came from. Redbrook is most likely the worst school in the country. The classrooms are tiny, the technology is cheap and pretty much junk, the lockers stink more than the rubbish bins, the teachers are bias and  pretty much rubbish at teaching, a rat infested swamp is more hygienic than the bathrooms and don’t even get me started on some of the students.

Sometimes I sit and wonder why this school even exists and even more why any decent parent would send their child to this crap school. Our high school isn’t like an ordinary high school in the movies with the IT couple and the mean girls and the sporty boys. To start with in all the movies everyone who hates each other says that to each other’s faces. Well in my school since I hardly have any friends and am basically invisible to the world I can listen in to everyone’s conversations without them knowing. Pretty nosy aren’t I but really it’s just my curiosity. I swear I know more about each student then probably their best friends.  Beside that our school doesn’t have an IT couple since ALL the boys in our school will only date older girls and all the girls are desperately trying to get the schools bad boy Lucas Archer. I don’t know what it is about bad boys that attracts girl but they do which is a little strange. “Ooo I love getting in trouble and getting my heart broken” is what all the girls must be thinking. Unfortunately for them I have never seen Lucas with a girl in my life before and never heard from my spying about him having a girlfriend. Sometimes I don’t even think he’s that bad. Sure he beats up the odd person here and there though beside that and riding a motorcycle at above the speed limit. Anyway enough about idiots like Lucas, another reason why our school is different is that our teachers are either under 25 and gossip more than the students, or 90-100 years old so they are always asleep in class. I’m not joking here either. Once my English teacher Miss Stragoli (who looks younger than I do, though probably just had plastic surgery) told our class that she had started dating Lucas Archer. Don’t ask me what she was thinking telling her students that type of information. Strange teacher I tell you!

She made all the girls jealously and possibly risked her career if someone dobbed her in to the principal. Then we have Mr Wright who is my Maths teacher this year. I am pretty sure he is over 100 years old since he definitely looks and talks like it.  That is when he does talk. He has only ever talked once in the first 2 months of the year. At the beginning of the class he writes down the textbook work on the board and goes to sleep in his office chair. If you need help or don’t understand well too bad you have to figure it out for yourself. The only two times he had ever talked was when the principal walked in to check on the class and he said “Open ye ole textbooks young uns” well maybe not exactly like that but pretty close. Our principal though is a completely different story. Her names Ms Kannel and I’m pretty sure she used to be in the army. She has her hair cut short in one of the army like looks and always marches around the room with her back straight. She is also incredibly strict and if she knew half the things that went on behind her back she would probably shoot everyone with the supposed gun she has in her office (another thing I heard from spying).

She also has a thing for expelling people she has already expelled 30 people this year and 20 of them was from chewing gum at lunch and I heard that someone else got expelled a couple of years ago by Ms Kannel for blowing her nose while the teacher was talking. Which I think is pretty stupid because I think Redbrook High School needs as many students as it can get. So they are the main differences between my school and normal American High Schools. There are other ones though that isn’t really worth mentioning like the cleaners and cafeteria ladies teacher better than the actual teachers and I am the only person in the whole entire school who likes reading and borrows from the library.

Anyway as you can see my life is pretty boring and lonely though I’m hoping against hope that the rest of my senior year will be a little more fun.