Chapter 2

This is copied from FanFiction (.) net but it is MY account on there and MY story from there so i didn't just copy it from some random person.

Disclaimer: I do not and am 99.9% sure I will never ever own the Infernal Devices ior the Mortal Instruments all belongs to Cassandra Clare.

Chapter 2:

Jem helped Jessamine up quickly as she stared disgustedly at her dress. Even Will had to admit he had never seen anything like this place, they were in an alley, he could tell that much. The rest was all foreign. Walking to the end of the alleyway he gazed at the sight in front of him, buildings higher than he had ever seen stood in front of him. Bright lights that made him feel blind blared from the buildings. It was so . . . captivating that he had to force hid eyes away.

But as soon as he did, his brows furrowed. There were lots of people, hundreds. The amount wasn't what he found weird but what the people were wearing. They all wore shirts and pants, even the girls. Some ladies wore shorts so short he wondered if they could even be considered shorts at all. There were still some ladies in dresses but they looked so different. The dresses that he saw were shorter and flatter, some getting cut off at mid-thighs, knees, and even shorter. The men wore shorts and shirts, some even no shirts at all. None though wore the dresses like Jessamine and Tessa, and all the ladies were supposed to wear. He had to constantly remind himself that he was in fact in a different time, probably in the future regarding all the technology he had never seen before.

Henry couldn't get over the awe of what he had done, it had actually worked. He kept repeating that in his head hoping to make it seem more real, for once one of his experiments worked and he proved it too. And then realization set in. How were they going to get out of this place, he didn't have the switch to bring them back to the right time, and all the other pieces he had that went with the time machine didn't travel with them and were still at the Institute so he would have to find all the new pieces as well as the ones he already had.

With a sigh Henry turned to face the rest of the group and shared his realization with them. Charlotte put a hand on his shoulder reassuring him everything was going to be alright.

Will started making his way down the street with Jem following beside him and the others trailing their lead.

"Do you think Tessa will notice our absence?" Jem asked Will. Will hadn't thought about Tessa and in a way he felt guilty. She was now alone in the Institute, well she had Sophie but after the death of Thomas and Agatha she had been acting a bit more closed off and he couldn't blame her. He felt a pang in his chest as he thought of Tessa, they haven't spoken since that night when they kissed so passionately only for him to push her away and tell her the stuff he knew would break her. It was for the better, he reminded himself. It was safer for her to be without him, maybe she could have Jem.

But he couldn't tell Jem that, he just couldn't. "I doubt it, these days she barely leaves her room and when she does it's only for meals and she doesn't seem to really talk to anyone anymore, not even Sophie," he said a little rougher than expected.

"Will she had her brother betray her and a man out to take her, she is living with people she has just met and found out she isn't what she thought she was, she's a warlock. I not sure I would be alright either!" Jem exclaimed.

The rest of the walk just happened to be silent no one knowing where they were going, but still walking on.

Taadaa! Once again it is short

If I made a Mortal Instruments FanFiction would you read it and if so what would you want to happen?

Do you want longer chapters but updated less often OR shorter chapters updated more often?

Comment, Fan, Vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!