Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I do Not and will probably Never own the rights to any of any authors works (other than my own), and especially not Cassandra Clare's stuff she is too good of a writer to be compared to.

The walk to the New York Institute was short compared to the London Shadowhunters earlier journey around the bright city. Soon enough they were at an Institute much smaller than the London one. Will noticed that it was glamour to appear as an old abandoned church to watchful mundane eyes. To anyone mundane the look spoke Do Not Enter, But Will, not being one for warnings and cautions -and already knowing this is an Institute and not some death mansion- found the look calling for him to destroy all objects inside with his recklessness and stubbornness.

The dark haired boy-Alec, lead the way keeping a few paces in front of the rest of them the whole way up to the big heavy doors leading to the inside area of the Institute. Will noticed the awkward glances that Alec through at him when he thought Will wasn't looking. It unnerved Will a bit that the boy was studying him, of course he knew very well that he was attracting to both sexes, but this just felt . . .different.

Alec reached the heavy faded oak doors and pulled one open. He held it open for everyone else to enter freely and sure enough Jessamine gives a small huff, lifts her chin up and enters the doors stomping her feet as if they were too heavy for her to carry. Will smirked to himself at the lady's discomfort and happiness with coming to another Institute when she probably though that for once, she would be able to leave them with their dilemma of being transferred to the future. No such Luck for the poor Jessamine though.

Will followed through the doors shortly after the blonde haired beauty. He didn't give a huff or a stomp with his feet but he was debating on making some sort of scene, until he saw Alec looking at him strangely, which distracted Will causing him to make no such commotion.

Charlotte and Henry gave quick and shy thanks before also entering the Institute walls leaving the dark haired and blue eyed boy alone outside with the boy whose hair, the shade of silver and eyes so colorless and porcelain skin. Alec looked at the silver boy silently for a minute, taking in the strangely bleak color he has to his features. His clothing was very elegant, not in the way of this era but in the way of past eras. Alec had to remind himself quickly that the boy in front of him was in fact from a time in the past -where they were actually referred to as gentlemen; he added remembering his history lessons he had once had with Hodge.

The silver boy-Jem as his boyfriend Magnus had called him looked at Alec with an expression of apology across his features. "I must send my deep apologies for the behavior of Mr. Herondale and Ms. Lovelace; they don't tend to be the most thrilling company. It is truly much obliged that you let us stay here." He spoke this with a voice of pure kindness and honesty not looking at most the slightest bit embarrassed at his company's behavior.

"It's really no problem, I mean we have way more than enough spare rooms at the New York Institute, it's not really a Shadowhunter hotspot. Your friends' behavior is really nothing new I grew up with the one and only Jace-"Alec cut off suddenly hoping that Jem wouldn't notice that his sentence wasn't quite complete. He was going to speak Jace's last name but cut off not knowing what to say. Wayland? Lightwood? Herondale? The last one would have given the silver boy in front of him a shock, discovering that his disrespectful friend's bloodline had lasted throughout the generations creating another disrespectful boy. Sadly, Alec stated to himself, Jem did notice and looked at Alec with an expectant look. After realizing that Alec was indeed not going to continue his phrase he moved through the door the re-greet the rest of his fellow London Institutors.

Alec closed the door and signaled for the lot of them to wait here as he called what must have been a futuristic version of an elevator, at the push of a button. Soon he disappeared inside leaving them alone.