Chapter 10

I turn around to find Jeremy at the end of the hallway, looking at us with a seemingly crestfallen expression.

My eyes automatically narrow with the current high school movie situation prevailing upon me today. Yet, I lift my hand to wave lightly at him, which he returns with a very tentative smile.

When I turn back around, Nate is looking at me bemusedly. "He got a soft spot on you or something?"

"You don't need to know. And anyway, you got my number. You can leave now."

He lifts his hands up, excusing himself. His lips turned up at the corners and he says, "Now, I am totally convinced that you are PMSing."

Before I can say something, he gets in his car. And, I turn back around to find Jeremy gone.

"Kyra?" I ignore. He probably just wants to say something perverted or witty and get on my nerves.

"Kyra?"

"Kyra?"

I turn to face him out of frustration. "What?"

"What's wrong with you? I was just going to ask you if you need a ride back home?"

"Ughh." I cover my face with my hands, feeling embarrassed.

"C'mon, now get in." I hear him and let my hands fall loose.

"I am sorry. I've been feeling this irritable all day." He nods, and says, "Get in."

Before I can do that, a hand slides out beside me, outstretched toward Nate. Sarah appears so abruptly out of thin air, both of us are taken aback.

"Hey. I am Sarah. Kyra's friend." She smiles at a very startled looking Nate. But he soon recovers over the mini shock she gave us and returns the gesture.

"Nate." He says, shaking her outstretched hand.

"Nice to meet you. Since Kyra didn't bother to introduce me to her new friend, I thought I'd do the honor myself." She says to him, taunt and sarcasm dripping from her voice and I cringe.

"He is not a friend." I quickly add as a bemused smile takes place on Nate's mouth.

Sarah looks at me with raised eye-brows to baffle me. However the expression doesn't last as she lets out a chuckle at my anxious face.

"Never mind. I'll see you tomorrow." She gives me a quick hug and waves at Nate, before walking away.

"You getting in or what?" He asks again and I get in the passenger seat.

As we head out the school premises, I ask him again. "How did you know I go to this school?"

He answers almost instantly. "You'd mentioned."

When did I tell him about my school? "When?"

He glances at me and back to the road. "That night at the open ground."

I gaze out the window, pretty sure, I never mentioned my school's name. I wonder if he followed me but then dismiss the thought.

"Snap out of it. I didn't stalk you." I look at him and he is smirking.

"B-But, I am sure I never mentioned it." I assert.

He rolls his eyes. "I guess, you were too drunk on the stars and the kiss to remember."

And I shut my mouth forever.

We hardly talk the rest of the way to my home. However, it's not an awkward ride.

Five minutes later, he parks the car a little ahead of my house at my insistence.

"Thank you. I'll see you now after exams?" I ask, unclasping the seat belt.