Chapter 7

At first I respond in the form of a blank stare at his nervous face but not more than three seconds later I realize the weight of his words.

"Uh. Are you drugged?" I ask skeptically.

He only rolls his eyes. "I am as serious as you were when you kissed me back."

My breath falters. And my senses freeze dramatically.

He seems to realize the words he blurted out because just the next moment he freezes too. Almost comically.

"I-I am sorry."

As serious as I was when I kissed him back? I was serious?

"Hey." He calls out, measuring my features. "I didn't mean that. Just forget about that okay?"

Why is he even here?

He was supposed to be a stranger wasn't he?

"I am sorry." He pleads again and this time I respond. I nod distractedly.

"Can't you tell your mom the truth? Tell her you don't have a girlfriend and you lied. She'll forgive you." I speak, running over the awkward track.

"It's a lot complicated than you think Kyra. You don't know me and you don't know my reasons." I can sense him holding back the rudeness while speaking and I shut my mouth forever.

"Just tell me would you pretend to be my girlfriend?" He asks.

I don't understand this. He says I don't know him which is true. And then he asks me for a favor.

How does he expect me to render him that favor when he himself accepts the fact that we are hardly even acquaintances..

Strangers don't exchange favors. At least strangers who have nothing to do with the one night-stands or no strings attached concept. Like me.

"No." I mutter roughly with an edge of indecisiveness in my voice.

Because that's not really my answer. No matter how insensible this might sound but somewhere deep through the mess of my mind I might actually have considered this.

Even though this comes out to be selfish of him in a way. And how there's no such tempting reason out there for me to be accepting his proposition.

But then again there's also no such ground hoisting up a red flag at me for relenting to him.

And as desperate as this may sound, I might be in some serious need for some excitement in my life. The kind of excitement which suitably falls along the lines of my morale.

Pretending to be his girlfriend would bring me no harm but only a little adventure in my boring life?

If that's even considered as an adventure.

So I might as well do it.

As expected, I watch as his face falls and his features swap into the impregnable side of him. I can't decide if that's how his face works. By openly show-casing his emotions on his face for the whole world to see or if that's just an artist's skill to woo the other person into the trap.

Usually I am pretty good at reading people but this one, it's slightly ambiguous. I can't decide if these wrinkles caused with his frown on his forehead and the baby pout he has on is a charade for me to melt and change my answer or if its just the way he is.

Lowering his eyes somewhere in space, he seems to be slipping away into his thoughts. Probably scrambling for something to say to me which might change my mind.

And I start to feel that face might not be a facade worn in order to convince me but a genuine face he seems to be having on while lost in thought.