Chapter Five:

*Liz's POV*
Iain opened his trailer door for me and I stepped in. I was sure I would vomit any second now. My stomach filled with nerves. I wasn't sure what I was about to do was the right thing, but I had to do it.
"What's up, Elizabeth?" He asked as we both sat down on his couch. He rarely called me Elizabeth.
"The other night..." I swallowed hard, I was sure he could hear it, "After I left your house... I realized something." Iain's face reddened, as if he knew what I was about to tell him.
"Liz... If you're about to say..." "Iain," I interrupted him. "Let me finish." He shook his head slightly and I continued. "After I left, I was driving back to mine and Zach's, and I started to cry." His face changed, he was worried now.
"Don't worry Iain, please. I cried because I didn't want to go home. I wanted to stay there with you, all day. Just you and me. It scared me, so much. I'm still scared. You're my best friend in the entire world Iain and I don't..." I stopped because I felt tears filling in my eyes.
He looked at me that way he always does, that look that quite literally brings tears to my eyes. I have never in my life been looked at that way, not even by Zach.
He took my hand in his and intertwined our fingers. I had touched him like this a million times, but that was before I noticed how he looked at me.

The first time I noticed it was that night at his house. He thought I was sleeping, but I opened my eyes just slightly, he hadn't even noticed, and there he was, looking at me. He looked at me like I was worth every penny on the planet, like I was the only person in the whole world to him. I felt my heart completely melt, it brought tears to my eyes and I had to close them to keep myself from actually crying.

"I don't want to say too much, because I have no idea what I'm even trying to say, but I had to say something." I finally finished.
"Liz... You know, I think you have for quite some time, that my feelings for you go far beyond friendship. However, I one-hundred percent respect your relationship with Zach. I would never, ever put that in jeopardy, or put our friendship in jeopardy, because however I do feel, I love you because you're my best friend. I want you to be my best friend forever, for the rest of my life. If that's all we ever are, I will be fine. Don't worry about me or my feeling Elizabeth, I will always be here either way."
I squeezed his fingers and rested my head on his chest. We laid back on the couch and I sat there listening to his heart beat. I cried again, he rested the hand that wasn't intertwined with mine, on my back and I felt his thumb stroking me softly, trying to comfort me I was sure.
"I love you so much, Iain." I softly whispered into his chest. We said I love you all the time, we were best friends after all, but this time felt different for some reason.