Chapter Two:

Iain was sat in his living room staring out the window. His phone started buzzing and his face lit up, it was Liz. "Well hello there." He said as he answered her FaceTime call. "Hi Iain!" She yelled into the phone. "What are you up to?" He asked. He smiled, she looked beautiful. "Just got to the hotel in France! Oh Iain, you would love it here. It's so beautiful. There's so much culture and beauty. I wish you were here!" She said. "I'm so glad you're having fun. I miss you." He said smiling. She smiled back. "I miss you too. I have to go, Zach just got out of the bathroom. I'll talk to you tonight!" She said as she blew him a kiss through the camera and hung up. He shut his phone off with a smile on his face. He wished he were there too, instead of him. Zach was a seemingly good guy, but he felt like Liz deserved the world, and he wasn't sure Zach would be the one to give her it.
A few hours later there was a knock on his door. It was Chloe. "Come on Iain I know you're home open up!" He got up slowly and answered the door. Chloe came right in. "Chloe.. Hi." He said laughing. "Are you pouting?" She asked. She was the only person in the world who knew how he actually felt about Liz. "No." "You ARE! Stop it. Let's go out! Brett and I are going to your favorite restaurant!" She said as she grabbed his coat and practically pushed him out the door. He didn't quite feel like going, but he did need a distraction.
"What's up bro?" Brett said as Iain sat down at the table he has been saving for the three of them. "Hello, Brett." Iain said. "Oh no, is he pouty again?" Brett asked Chloe. "Yeah, he is. Let's get him drunk to cheer him up." Chloe said as she sat down next to Brett. They ordered three beers.
Eventually they started talking about Liz. Iain got uncomfortable, he didn't want Brett to know. "You miss her man, I get it, she's your best friend. She's like the Chloe to your Brett." Brett said. Chloe almost spit out her drink. "Sure... Yeah." She said laughing. She knew Liz and Iain were more than "friends" in Iain's mind. Iain laughed, "Sure man, sure." They all laughed at Brett. A few beers later and Iain was loosening up, he started to feel the weight fall off his chest. And that's when his phone rang, it was Liz. "LILLLL!" Chloe yelled as she grabbed Iain's phone and answered Liz's call. "Chlo!!" She yelled back. "Brett's here too." Chloe said as she panned the camera over to Brett. He waved and smiled. "Miss you girl! Okay, here's Iain!" Chloe said as she handed the phone back to Iain. "I'll be back." He said as he walked outside with his phone. "Looks like you're having a good time!" Liz said happily. "I guess. They're good fun. I'd prefer a good movie and pizza night with you, but ya know." He said shyly. "Aw me too." Liz said smiling. "I guess I will call you tomorrow then." She said as her smile started to fade. "I guess." He said. "Goodnight." He said with a slight smile on his face as he rubbed the back of his head. "Goodnight, Iain." Liz said as she smiled and hung up the phone. Iain walked back inside with a slight smile on his face. "You guys are so sweet." Chloe said as she handed Iain another beer. Iain took it, and chugged it.