Tell Me You Love Me

Author’s Note: I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit too awful but I'm just getting over a heavy dose of Writer's Block. This is not edited so please don't judge me yet until I have edited it.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Who the hell is calling me, I asked myself, frowning a little. It better not be Drew. I think I’d made it pretty obvious last Saturday that it would be better if we didn't talk for a while so if it is I think i might have to kill him.

To be fair, I’m glad that it was Drew that i was with because if it had been someone else  I would feel much worse about what I did to Nathan. It might not make sense to you but to me it does so sucks to you.

"Hello?" i barked bitterly down the phone.

"Arden?"

Oh crap.

"Um, Nate, Hi!" I all but shouted down the phone. "I'm, um, sorry I didn't know it was you..."

My voice trailed off at the end. I was too in shock to care though. All that mattered was that he had finally called me.

"It's okay," he mumbled sheepishly.

Hearing him speak sent butterflies to my belly. I could just imagine him bite his lip like he always did when he was nervous.

"Yeah, um, so what's up?" 

This was getting awkward.

"Nothing much really, I just wanted to talk to you to ask if you'd like to meet up or something," he said.

He wants to see me.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I said quickly, maybe a little too quickly but to be fair I didn't really care. "Shall we make it Clamber Park in an hour?"

"Okay," he whispered before coughing. I'm not sure if that was a genuine cough or one that insinuated awkwardness. "I'll see you there."

 We said our 'byes' before simultaneously hanging up. I was still in awe over the phone call. The sheer shock of hearing his voice again did not wear off. Not when I was getting ready, or when I was leaving to meet him.

However, during this time, a million thoughts started crowding through my head but the one that stood out the most was the one that questioned his motives for wanting to see me. Why is he suddenly calling me after three weeks of silence? Was that time enough for him to realise that he wanted to break up with me? Did he somehow find out about Drew and I?

These thoughts flew through my mind, each one giving me more and more reasons to cancel my meeting with Nathan. I don't know if I would be able to cope if he wanted to leave me. The relationship hasn't been going on for long enough for it to be over. I want to know him better. I don't want to live a life full of what ifs. It might sound stupid and typical coming from someone my age but Nathan could be the man I was to spend the rest of my life with. If he leaves me i could end up leaving the rest of my life alone and i don't want that to happen.

After twenty minutes of debating with myself, I decided that I might as well go to meet him. Who knows; maybe he might have good news for me.

"Bye, dad and Nellie, I'll be back in a while!" I yelled as I made for the front door, hoping that I would get there before Dad had the chance to stop me.

"Nice try young man."

Dammit!

"Come back here," he chuckled.

Rolling my eyes, I hung my head low in disappointment towards myself but nonetheless, I marched backwards to the living room. 

The TV was blaring some strange children's television show about a sun with a baby's face. I sat down next to the television in the sit behind Nellie.