Chapter 6

AN: Well, this is the last chapter. I may do some oneshots with these characters in the future. I may, but as of right this very moment, I have nothing planned. Anyway, you have two couples for the price of one in this chapter, so I hope you’ll enjoy~

-

Chapter 6:

“Why are you making Taras take care of Jensen?”

Looking up from his book he was attempting to read at his desk, Kagen levelled his gaze on the blonde that was sitting on the end of his bed. After getting Taras inside with the order that he cater to Jensen’s every need, Kagen had retired to his room upstairs, and Makis had followed.

Kagen leaned back in his seat and folded his arms over his torso as he mulled over Makis’s question. It was a responsible question, even though he completely ignored it when Jensen asked him, he decided it wouldn’t be a bad thing to tell Makis the truth.

Finally, he shrugged lightly. “It’s his fault that Jensen’s injured,” he stated. “He needs to learn some responsibility.”

He then turned away to gaze out the window, not wanting Makis to note the whimsical, almost fond expression on his face.

“Besides, I think they’ll be good for each other,” he admitted softly. “Taras is reckless, but he’s also outgoing. Jensen is flighty, but he has a vulnerable side to him. And when Taras realises that, he’ll do anything to ensure that Jensen comes to know that a touch doesn’t equal pain.”

That was the type of person Taras was, inside. They had been friends since childhood, so Kagen knew him better than anyone. In fact, all that lived in this house with him were friends from childhood. He would do anything for them and he knew they would do the same for him. Even though they get into fights a lot and Taras and Bialy could exasperate him like nothing else. But what family didn’t have those problems?

Makis was silent after his admittance, before a gentle smile spread across his lips. “I see, so you’re doing it for the both of them. You’re so nice.”

Kagen couldn’t help but scoff a little as he climbed from his seat to walk over to his window, looking out at the night sky. “No, I’m not,” he said softly, his arms still folded over his torso.

Suddenly, he felt a presence behind him and as he turned around, he found himself face to face with Makis.

“Yes, you are,” Makis said in a surprisingly husky voice, his hands moving up to grip Kagen by the upper arms, pulling him closer, their bodies touching. Makis’s eyes were half-lidded while Kagen’s were wide in surprise. His usual blade sharp instincts of fight or flight failed him and all he could do was stare into Makis’s blue eyes.

“M-Makis…?” Kagen uncharacteristically stuttered. He was usually the prince of calm and patience, but how could he with the one guy who could make him feel edgy suddenly pulled him into his arms.

But that was nothing compared to the shock Kagen felt when Makis suddenly lowered his head and pressed their lips together, kissing him. After a moment of stillness, Kagen finally closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around Makis, his hands resting against his shoulder blades, his hands grasping tightly onto his shirt. As Makis’s hands slid around his back, trailing down to rests on the very small of his back Kagen parted his lips, allowing Makis’s tongue to seek his.

Maybe the blond wasn’t so dense and oblivious after all.

“Wow,” an obnoxious whistle caused Makis and Kagen to spring apart, their attentions immediately diverted to the doorway, where none other than Taras was standing, Jensen on his back, piggy-back style. And Jensen, well he was sporting a blush that was as red as Taras’s hair.