Discretion

As we walked through the hall towards the ballroom Ami gave me a run through of what is expected of me.

"Remember to nod politely, acknowledge everyone no matter their status, smile, and if you feel tired just let me know. I'll be with you the entire night." His hand rubs small circles on my back. I brush off the want for male comfort.

This pregnant horny shit is getting out of control. He's my body guard for goodness sake. I scold myself.

Just as we are about to enter Derrick comes skipping up to us, also the picture of perfection in his suit. "Aren't you adorable, the bowtie is a nice touch." I giggle.

Derrick smiles taking my hand kissing it,"You look beautiful Luna. Ready?"

I bite my lip nervously squeezing his hand. "Don't worry, I'll be making my rounds about the room as head of security."

"Oh that's bad ass Derrick!" I praise pulling him into an awkward hug. "I'm proud of you. All done with your training."

He blushes shrugging his shoulders like his accomplishments are nothing. "Yeah, I still can't believe I'm done. Well anyway, if you're overwhelmed at any point tonight just wink at me and I'll get you out of here."

"Thanks guys, I feel like I don't say that enough to you two. You've always been there for me and I value your friendships." They both bow their heads but Derrick looks torn like he's hiding something.

Shaking that feeling away we enter the ballroom. Derrick leaves like he said he would and Ami stays stuck to my side as promised.

The first to greet me are Gerry and Theresa. "You look absolutely stunning dear. How do you feel?" Theresa asks.

"I'm alright for now." I confess. "A little nervous but I'll manage."

"Good good, just be yourself. We already love you. They will too."

They?

My face must've displayed the confusion. Right away Gerry jumps in the conversation scolding Theresa for failing to tell me everyone from our pack were invited to attend this ball.

"S-so this is like my introduction to the pack? I have to impress them as well as our allies?" I squeak on the brink of losing my shit.

"Oh honey no worries, you'll be fine. Let's walk alright so you can calm down." Theresa grabs my elbow gently tugging me along to a crowd of people.

"Friends!" She gushes. A woman about her age whips around squealing excitedly pulling both of us in a hug.

I hugged about 10 other people all of them speaking so fast I don't think I caught anybody's name.

The lady in the green dress who initially hugged us touches my belly, "So who's planning your baby shower and when is it?"

Her questions catch me off guard but I recover not quick enough to answer before Theresa says, "I am. It'll be next month."

What!?

"Uuhm huh." I agree worriedly.

"What? Don't trust her party planning skills?" The woman digs raising an eyebrow.

"No, I mean yes! Well I mean...I'm going to shut up now." I chide myself.

The lady laughs, "OG Luna to new Luna learn to relax. I'm just messing with you."