Chapter 14: Lucy Valentine

Upon entering my room, I saw the supplies Sofia had purchased. There were thirty shuriken, or throwing stars, twenty kunai, and two side pouches to carry them. There were also a backpack, a couple pairs of blue jean, assorted t-shirts, and a red and black ninja outfit. I carefully filled the backpack with the clothing, but I attached the pouches of weapons to my belt. Since I had some time, I pulled out the Ancient Language dictionary and started looking up some words. After and couple pages worth of reading, the book flew out of my hands and hovered in the air above my head. I grabbed a hold of it and attempted to pull it down, but it didn't go far. It was at that moment I noticed there were strings attached to the book that went up to the ceiling. I looked up and saw Lucy.

"Hi," I said.

"Are you reading the dictionary? You are such a nerd," said Lucy as she waved her hand a little. The strings attached to the book were attached to Lucy's hands.

"Ninja puppet stings. I use my magicka to control whatever the strings are attached to," While Lucy wasn't looking, I slowly reached into my back pouch and grabbed a kunai. In one quick motion I slice the puppet strings attached to the book and grabbed the strings. Before Lucy could react, I pulled hard and she fell into the room. However, I didn't calculate her falling onto me.

"Ow! What was that for? You could have just asked for your book back!" shouted Lucy

"Would you have given it back?" I questioned.

"No, but you still could have asked before you pulled me down on top of you!"

"I thought you would have reacted before I pulled! I only wanted the book back! What were you doing up there anyway! Are you spying on me?" I shouted.

"Yes she was. She was curious why a Head Tamer would be her for a beginner Tamer," said Amethyst as she appeared on the bed next to Lucy. She then continued to glare at Bryce who surprisingly was returning the stare.

"What is with you two? Do you have a grudge against me?"

"I don't, but Amethyst does, and I help her when I can. Since I can't attack Bryce, I will have to settle with you!" said Lucy as she quickly jumped off the bed and spun in the air, releasing senbons. I felt the surge of energy I felt during my first lesson and suddenly I was standing in front of my bed with the senbon buried in my pillow behind me. I pulled out a kunai and threw it at Lucy. She dodged the kunai and threw more senbon at me. I dodged and materialized behind the dresser. I looked over where Lucy was, but she had vanished. Amethyst and Bryce were ever so slowly circling the bed. Occasionally the two would exhale poisonous vapor and ice, but they hadn't attacked yet.

Suddenly there was a sound of metal hitting wood, and I looked down to see my shirt was stuck to the dresser by some senbon. I pulled out the senbon, and tossed them to the ground. I looked around the room when I noticed the puppet string lying by the foot of the bed. I was about to stand up when some senbon flew towards me. I vanished and appeared by the bed. I grabbed as much string as I could and then ducked some more senbon. Using my magicka, I attached five pieces of string to my finger and shot out the ends towards where the senbon had appeared. The string went taunt and I moved my hand toward me. Attached to the other end of the string was Lucy.

"No fair! Only I can use the puppet string. How did you do that anyway?" shouted Lucy. Before I could respond, Sofia walked through the door.

"What are you doing in here, Roxus and I are waiting..." started Sofia, then stopped when she looked at the room. She saw the two dragons on the bed, senbon all over the room, and then she saw Lucy and myself. At the sight of Lucy, Sofia's face went to one of disgust. From within her sleeves a knife appeared, which she then threw it at the string. When the connection was severed, she ran over to Lucy and grabbed her arm.

"Hvat are iu duanin?" shouted Sofia

"Nanthing," stated Lucy. At this, Sofia's grip tightened. I saw Lucy wince in pain.

"Hvat. Are. Iu. Duanin."

"It wesa Amethyst idaen!" cried Lucy. Still holding on to Lucy, Sofia turned onto Amethyst.

"Ih tellan iu noht to bodhaire theim!" shouted Sofia. Amethyst turned her head and ignored Sofia. In one quick motion Sofia grabbed Amethyst's tail and dragged both Lucy and Amethyst to the door.

"I apologize for their rude behavior. It will not happen again. Be at the front door in five minutes," stated Sofia as she left the room with Lucy and Amethyst.