Chapter 5: The Elf in the Kitchen

I woke up in my bed a little while later to Bryce and Sofia shouting.

"What did you do to him?"

"I didn't do anything to him. He did it to himself. He somehow managed to materialize during the lesson. It was kind of impressed. I was about to skewer his head."

"You were going to do what!?!" yelled Bryce telepathically.

"I'm fine! You don't have to fight," I yelled. I saw that Bryce was at the foot of the bed. For some reason he looked whiter than usual.

"Bryce, I'm okay. It's not her fault," I explained.

"Are you sure? I can freeze her if you want," said Bryce as opened his mouth and exhaled ice.

"No, I'm fine. How come you breathe ice? I thought dragons breathe fire."

"Well, most dragons do, but I am a member of a rare species of dragons. My species live up North in cold climates. Since our territory consists of mostly snow and ice, dragons that live in the north breathe ice. As you can guess, fire and ice don't mix well. Also, do not get ice dragons mad. They have a habit of freezing their prey alive and keeping them as prizes," explained Bryce.

"Well, now that you have had your little biology lesson, why don't you come with me and get some dinner. You probably haven't had a good meal for a while," said Sofia as she opened the door for me.

"This isn't going to be another 'lesson' waiting for me on the other side of the door now, is their?" I questioned. While I stood there defiantly with my arms crossed, Bryce jumped on my shoulders and perched himself there with his tail around my neck. He then continued to give Sofia an evil eye.

"What? No. You used a lot of stamina and magicka unintentionally. We will continue your training after you have a warm meal and a good night's rest," persuaded Sofia. I was too hungry to argue, so I stepped through the door and walked into the kitchen. Wait a second, when I first walked through the door, it lead to a dojo. This time it led to a kitchen. I turned to ask Sofia but she walked past me as she explained my conundrum.

"It's a dimension charm. You are not walking through a different dimensions, it is just compressing all the rooms. All you have to do is think of the room you want to go to and step through the door. It safes time since you don't have to walk all over the mansion to get to a room," explained Sofia. Even though I thought the dimension doorway was cool and all, I wasn't really paying attention. What really caught my attention was the female with pointy ears washing dishes in the sink.

"What's wrong?" asked Bryce.

"Is that an elf doing the dishes?" I asked.

"Yes, why do you ask? I'm sure you have seen movies with elves in them," said Bryce.

"Well yes, but I didn't think they were real..." I responded.

"You do realize it is rude to talk about others behind their backs," said Sofia who had appeared behind our backs. I flinched spun on my heels.

"Stop doing that!" I yelled.

"Doing what?" asked Sofia nonchalantly as she walked past us again and stood by the elf.

"Since you are curious, I will answer your questions. This is Jasmine Glyndwr, and yes she is a wood elf. She is my personal chief and body guard. Jasmine, this is Michael Anderson and Bryce BleakClaw.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," said Jasmine as she bowed. I looked towards Bryce who met my stare. We stared at each other for half a second until Bryce inclined his head slight towards Jasmine.

"The pleasure is all mine," I replied as I bowed, "I have never seen a wood elf let alone an elf."

"Jasmine, we will take our dinner in the dining room," ordered Sofia as she turned and walked through the door again.

"Yes my lady," responded Jasmine with a slight bow.

"Well, it was nice meeting you," I said as I turned to the door. I picture the word 'dining room' in my head and stepped through the door.