Chapter 1

(Frankie)

I’ve been a tomboy all my life. I have always got on better with lads. I am best friends with 5 boys and only 1 girl! We have all been friends since early high school and now we all live in the same block of apartments. I live with my best friend, Lauren. We’ve been friends practically forever! Lauren and I go to the same college as the guys and we’re really close with them and their girlfriends.

But one summer was about to change us.

“Lauren! You’re phone is ringing!” I yelled from the lounge to the kitchen where Lauren was making a drink. Lauren ran to pick it up and caught it just in time. She glanced at the caller ID, it was Dan. “Hey, Dan, what’s up?”

“Hi Lauren, is Frankie in or not?” Dan asked her.

“Yeah, we both are... why?” Lauren replied cautiously.

“Come round to Jay’s as soon as possible, get Frankie to wear something girly and pretty. Please?” Dan pleaded.

“Yeah, I’ll try. But why do you want us to come over to Jay’s?”

“You’ll understand when you get here.” Then he cut her off.

Lauren explained the whole conversation to me and then said, “Follow me,” so I did. She dragged me into my room; she sat me down on the edge of my bed and opened my walk-in wardrobe. Now I was worried!