Blue the humongous stuffed bear

Chapter sixteen: Blue the humongous stuffed bear

As I mentally scrubbed my mind attempting to rid it of all naughty thoughts of David, Jolene sat at her desk sending me filthy text messages centered on David and me. She found it amusing that my libido was running rampant, but I was horrified and scared of the effect this would have on Alicia's pact. Hadn't she promised to help me if I helped her with David? And here I am lusting over him like, like, like he was mine! What is wrong with me?

I had to do something, Alicia and David were expected to return from lunch at any moment and if they came back and found me in this state it would kill my chances. I ran over to Phillip's office.

"Phillip?" I walked in just as my boss looked up at me with a sultry stare. I stopped midsentence as his eyebrow raised seductively at me and...... WAIT! What is happening to me? I shook my head and refocused on my older, though handsome, boss.

"What is it Charlie?" Phillip ran his hand through his hair and I trembled.

"I have to go home." I said hoping it would be enough.

"Why?"

I have something." I couldn't think of anything as Phillip looked at me inquisitively.

"What thing?"

"A thing, um, important." I searched his office frantically for inspiration.

Phillip sighed and went back to his paperwork "Charlie we go to print in two days, I think your important thing is here."

"I don't feel well." I looked at Phillip pleadingly while I tried to ignore the suddenly intoxicating smell of his old spice aftershave.

"What's wrong?" Phillip's phone was ringing and I turned to look out the door at a very guilty looking Jolene holding her receiver.

"Don't!" I slammed my hand down on the receiver just as he reached across his desk to answer his phone. "I, I'm going into labor!"

"What?! How is that possible? Aren't you only 7 months along?" Phillip let the phone drop back into place and rose out of his seat in one swift movement.

"Yes, that is why it is all the more serious." I bit my lip and looked away as Phillip looked me up and down.

"Are you sure?"

I was swaying in emotional overload as I attempted to lie and keep from mentally undressing my VERY married boss. I didn't think, "OH, OH! Another contraction OW!" I bent over and held my bulge with as much drama as I could muster.

That was enough for Phillip. He scooped me over his arm and drug me out of his office yelling at the top of his voice. "Call an ambulance! Jolene, JOLENE! Get over here! Charlie is going into labor!"

Instantly the office began moving rapidly as the intern Phillip commanded to call an ambulance chatted excitedly on the phone. Several other people ran and attempted to pick me up and carry me downstairs. People were running in every direction as Phillip barked orders.

Only Jolene seemed to move in normal time as she walked over to me with a huge smirk on her face. She shooed away our determined coworkers who had given up carrying me and just told me to lie on the floor. Jolene brushed the hair from my face and leaned in close to whisper in my ear "Easier ways to escape the truth Charlie."

I looked up and gave her an evil stare as I heard the ambulance and fire department sirens outside the building. She sat back up and laughed, holding my head in her lap.

The firemen busted through our entry doors at full speed, along with the ambulance workers, a gurney, and what appeared to be every worker in the building behind them.