Nine - Family Feud [✓]

The fence I was sitting on was uncomfortable. The benches have been removed considering the running club that I used to run at shut down, though the track is still here.

Ever since it was closed down, I come here to clear my mind. It's my special place where I like to think about things or let of some steam. How can my mother be so insensitive? Why did she do this to us and father, even Nate's family have a hard road to take. She's a home wrecker.

Now I understand why Sally left. She was lucky to escape the feuds of our families. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I glanced down at the screen as I took it out and saw my father was calling. Someone must have told him about what happened. I answered it but didn't say anything.

"Lia," hearing his voice made me want to cry. I miss him so much.

"Dad," My voice croaked as I tried hard to fight back my tears. I was not going to let that home wrecker make me cry. It will take a lot more than that to make me tear up.

"Lia, your mother told me what happened." he started.

"Wait, stop right there," I stopped him. "Of course she was going to run telling you about what happened. She lied to you dad, and your being calm about it. Why?" I asked so innocently.

"Because I've known for a while Lia, I am working my way around and I have been so busy with work," he explained. There was a long pause, but I refused to say anything more.

"Lia," I heard him.

I didn't respond.

"Lia, I'm going to come home at the weekend."

The moment he mentioned coming home I got excited. My body was already filling up with excitement. I'm going to see my dad again.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes,"

"Promise,"

"I promise."

I couldn't help but smile. I'm such a daddy's girl.

"I have to go now Lia, but I will call again soon."

"Okay dad, speak to you soon."

"I love you."

"I love you too dad,"

I hung up the phone and placed it back into my pocket. The cool breeze blew on my face when I held onto the fence tighter and smiled. My dad was coming home and I was excited to see him.

A smile was plastered across my face. I tied up my trainers and took this opportunity to go for a jog around the track. After jogging around the track once, I notice a figure standing by the hut. At first I thought it might be Thomas, but when I jogged closer – I noticed it wasn't.

It was Christy. As I approached her she was giving off a weird aura. It made me feel uneasy.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

She just stood there silently. Her arms were folded over her chest as she let out a long sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"You are a liar," she finally replied.

"What?" I was completely confused.

"You and Jason," she said.

"What about me and Jason?" I asked, completely confused.

"You two are an item, aren't you?" she started.

"It's pretend; he's helping me write about my love experience for my essay." I explained.

"But you knew I liked him, maybe you can make an exception for me. I'm planning to tell him that I like him." she mentioned.