Chapter Two

Old Days

"Ophelia, it's your first day today and you were already distracted in my class," Raymond started.

"But I only dropped my pen," I replied, unaware he was talking about something else.

"I mean you falling asleep, was my lesson that boring?" He spoke.

"To be honest, sir, Romeo and Juliet is a play we learnt at school and college, so I did find it boring listening to it again probably for the eighth time." I spoke honestly. I watched the surprised shock on Raymond's face from my honesty.

"What do you suggest?" Raymond asked.

"I don't know what you mean sir?" I replied, confused by his question.

"Play, what would you suggest?" He asked again. This time I understood what he meant. I thought about it for a few minutes, thinking of a play that left an impression.

"What genre am I doing?" I asked. I had a couple in my mind, but it all depends what he suggests.

"Any that first comes to your mind," he advised.

"Equus," I declared. "It's one of my favourites," I picked up my bag and pulled out the book of Equus. "I carry it around with me; it keeps me company when I'm alone."

"That is one of my favourites too," Raymond smiled. My heart skipped a beat from his luring smile.

"Is it okay to go now?" I asked, changing the subject completely. Raymond nodded and I dashed for the door. I started down the corridor, until I was interrupted.

"You were in there for a while, what were you doing? Eh?" I heard a voice behind me, as I strode down the hallway.

"Go away Jason," I said, as I carried on walking.

"Don't worry, I can keep a secret." Jason joked as he walked beside me.

I stopped all of a sudden. "Why are you following me?" I raised both of my eyebrows waiting for his answer.

"No reason, just heading the same way as you, sweetheart," He nodded towards the exit to the car park.

"Right," I turned back towards the exit and walked outside. My car, which was park beautifully waiting for me; I could even see the sparkles as it shone in the light. I opened the door, throwing my bag to the passenger seat. I went to climb in, but Jason was standing behind me.

"Can I help you?" I hopped into my car, before closing the door.

"Nice ride," He said, admiring my car.

I closed the door ignoring him and started the engine; I reversed out of the space as Jason stood back watching.

Before going straight home, I took a detour to the athletics track. I let you into a little secret – I used to be an athlete and I was brilliant at it too. So, why did I quit? Well it's now a touchy subject for a lot of people who were involved with me. I guess I never stopped loving the fact that I run, which is why I love to jog in the mornings. I love the feeling of being free when the air caresses my face.

I arrived at the track and parked my car in the abandoned car park. The place hasn't been used since three years ago, after the competition I lost in, they suddenly lost the club.

It was my fault from the beginning. They made a bet that if I come into the top three, management get to keep the club, but unfortunately it didn't work out. I should have pushed myself to the limit, but I didn't try hard enough.