Chapter 4

The next morning, I woke up at five, the night was horrible and endless, and I couldn’t sleep at first. When I did doze off I had terrible nightmares. I had a lot of time before I had to be ready for school and decided to go for a run, there was a forest around here that seemed harmless. Normally, when I was stressed or worried I would swim.  Having the affinity of water had already made me partial to water, but when I was turned into a mermaid, I saw the beautiful and awesome wonders of the sea and I fell in love with it. I still remember when I was 13, my mother had gone to see her friend, Fyre, and took me with her. Fyre ironically had an affinity of fire but she also had the power to cast spells, and it turned out she wasn’t a friend of my mom, but an old enemy who, put a curse on to me to get back at my mom. The curse was that I would become a creature of my affinity; hence, I became a mermaid. Affinities are the element that we could control, for instance my element was water, so I can control and manipulate it however I want. I can freeze it, heat it, increase or decrease it; I can do anything but, make it. Anyway normally I would swim, but I hadn't had a chance yet to visit the sea to find a safe place for me to enter and exit the sea without someone seeing me, especially now with Cole here, I would have to be careful.

I ran out of the house and in no time I was in the forest, it was chilly and windy too, but I liked it. I plugged my headphones in and ‘Body Language’ by Jesse McCartney came on, I didn’t like the lyrics but the beat was good to run to. I started and before I knew it I was lost in the music and my running, suddenly I banged into a boulder and fell, but since when did boulders move. I looked down to see what I had fell on, oh no, Noah, but woah he was muscular. I pushed off him quickly but not before I had contact with his hand, my whole body shivered and trembled all over and i knew I had turned bright red, damn that was becoming a habit. ‘Hey, erm I'm sorry I didn’t see you and erm, erh I wasn’t looking where I was going.’ I started. Man, in this light in the middle of nowhere he looked amazing. I wonder what he was doing here. But wait, what’s that tingling feeling on my wrist I began to look but I’ll look at it later, now I had more depressing thoughts, like why I suddenly feel light-headed. Oh no…

Noah’s POV

She fainted, well it was a given since we had made our first Contact. Since yesterday when I saw her in Myths and Legends talking to Em and Shay my wolf knew he had found her, our mate, no, this can’t be happening, I knew Macey was a witch, Ash and Em told us last night but a mere witch, that was my mate, no way I was to be an alpha one day there is no way she has what it takes to be a mate to an alpha. I came out today to run because I couldn’t sleep, my wolf kept shouting ‘mate mate mate’ I decided to come out here. Who would have known I was to run into her, and that we would make our first Contact, shit now she was marked. I looked at her wrist; a crescent with an N was there. When a werewolf has his first Contact with his mate the female receives a crescent, the mark of the werewolves, on her right wrist with his initial in it, it involved some deep magic which began since time existed. This was why it was so important babies were given their right names, otherwise when they would make their first Contact the initial would be different to his name. ‘Mate Protect Mate Protect’ my wolf was shouting, oh right I get it. I picked Macey up and decided to run back to the house, Charlotte is not going to like this…