Chapter 10

Jake’s POV

Finally, the bell for the end of the school day sounded; and not a second too early. Lessons were so boring I was dozing off in most of them, but at least I scored a date with that Macey chick. Now, just have to get closer to her to get the vital parts for my car. After all I promised Uncle Cole I would get closer to Macey only if he pays for the engine and stuff.

It was only a few weeks ago when I opened the door to find Uncle Cole standing there, the first time I had seen him in like 6 years. He came inside and told me about my; our heritage, about how we were the powerful Hunters, descended from those who rid the planet of monsters. Monsters like the bitch Macey, the witch, like the wolf pack and Noah, the stupid pr**k; I want to rip his head off and feed it to the dogs, the filthy mongrel.

Now time to get ready for the party tonight…

Macey’s POV

When school finished I got a lift home from Ashley and Emma,

‘Hey are you guys going to the party tonight?’

The twins shared a look and it was as if they were communicating silently, which I thought could be true since many twins were telepathic. 

Ashley spoke, ‘Macey, we need to talk to you, about Jake, we have history with him, and he’s an absolute control freak, and he’s really violent.’

‘Ashley’s right Macey, he’s really dangerous, you shouldn’t get close to him, and you’ll only end up getting hurt.’

I sighed, ‘look both of you I need to socialise and meet more people, plus it’s only a party. Everyone from school will be there and so will you lot, so it’s not like Jake’s gonna try anything. Plus, I’ve been rejected by my mate, so you know, if some guy acts like a prat I'm sure I can handle it.’ I smiled, plus they were wrong about Jake, he seemed really nice.

‘Fine, but Macey we’re gonna be there with you throughout the party, just remember that yeah. We’re not gonna leave you alone with him.’

‘Yeah yeah, I get you. Oh we’re here, thanks for the ride.’

I got out of the car when Emma asked if she would pick me up for the party.

‘Yeah thanks, meet you here at seven?’

‘That’ll be great, bye,’ they drove off and I knew they were still talking about me and about Jake as they drew away from the house.

It was 6:55 and I was waiting for the twins in the dining room, I was never the one to go OTT over what I wear or actually gave much thought to what I wore to a party or school or to anything for that matter. I just threw on a sleeveless summer top with a tie cropped cardigan and black skinny jeans and black converse. I had said bye to Aunt Chloe already, she had a date with some guy and had told her I would be late home since it wasn’t a school night.

I heard the beep beep of my phone and saw a text from Emma alerting me they were outside.

We reached the party soon afterwards and caught up with Zoe and Shay, we entered the party together, it was at the house of some senior in our year, Alex and by the look of the place it seemed like any other Friday night senior party, from the kegs to the music to the people dancing to the skinny dipping outside to the guys playing poker. Yep, this definitely was not my scene.

The girls went off with their boyfriends and soon it was only me and Zoe, we went to the kitchen to grab cans of colas as we didn’t trust the punch, it would most definitely have been spiked. We were drinking when I saw Jake, he approached us and I could practically feel the hatred from Zoë emanating from her. He neared us, ‘hey Macey,’ he smiled, ‘Zoë’ he nodded at her but soon turned to me again. ‘Hey Macey wanna get some fresh air?’ he stood there waiting. I didn’t want to leave Zoë and wanted to know why she was so angry, but I wanted to go with him, I couldn’t wait for Noah forever, I looked to see charlotte dancing, well if you called that dancing with Noah, but I saw him staring at me, I knew he had heard this even though he was on the other side of the room, and the music was pounding, ‘Give me Everything’ but I guess that’s werewolf senses for you. ‘You know what Jake, I would love that.’ I smiled as he led me outside, past the skinny dippers and poker players to an isolated spot in the back of the garden.

‘Finally, we’re alone.’ He smiled and it was so sincere he nearly, nearly made me blush.

‘Yeah,’ I smile back ant bit my bottom lip, I had a habit of doing this when I was nervous.

I looked up and suddenly realised Jake was a lot closer to me than I thought, he reached down and our lips met. I didn’t know what I expected but it was just a kiss, no sparks no fireworks. Guess that sort of thing is just for books, films and songs. We stepped apart and Jake’s phone stated buzzing, he looked sheepish, ‘I have to get this, sorry, wait here for me?’ and with a smile he went walked away to pick the phone up, I heard a ‘hey what’s up’ before he was too far for me to hear.

I sat down on the grass and leaned on the wall behind me. Suddenly, I heard rustling of leaves, I stood up expecting to see Jake but instead I saw, ‘Noah? What are you doing here?’

‘Are you ok? He didn’t hurt you?’ he looked pissed but I had no idea what the heck he was talking about. ‘Noah what the hell are you talking about, of course I'm ok, now can you please go, before Jake comes back.’

‘You shouldn’t be here with him Macey; he’s a fucking pr... .’

I cut him off, ‘dude, you have no right to tell me who I can be with or can’t be with.’

‘Listen to me Macey stop being such a kid, you don’t know Jake, I know him ok, and he is not the angel you or the rest of the school think he is.’

‘Well thanks for letting me know, but I'm a big girl now, I can handle myself, I can also tell who is a jerk and who isn’t. So you can go now.’

‘God you’re so stubborn, just trust me ok.’

‘Why should I, I mean it’s not like you’re my mate or anything, in fact I don’t think I even like you for that matter. Anyway, shouldn’t you be getting back to Charlotte?’

I saw a look of hurt pass his eyes and my mind cleared of any coherent thoughts, I knew I had hurt him. I felt myself go red, and I felt a shock of heat pass through me, as we were arguing we had gotten closer and closer. Before I knew it our lips met, halfway and we kissing, hard, passionate. Sparks, fireworks, whatever they were flew everywhere; heat passed through me, desire urged us. He pushed me against the wall and our kiss deepened. We split apart, breathing hard, shocked, and staring in the other’s eyes. Noah was still holding me. He let go then, and walked away, not once looking back.

I was left there, short of breath, empty of mind and shocked to the core. Turns out that the ‘fairy-tale’ kiss wasn’t just for books, films or songs. Turns out it actually existed. Who knew, I certainly didn’t.

I had to get out of here.

VOTE X COMMENT X ENJOY