Chapter 6

***Leona POV***

"Leo! Leona! Come on, please don't be dead!" 
"You idiot! She's not dead, she's still breathing!"

I can hear shouting, but yet all I can see is darkness. I can't be dead, but I sure as heck do feel like I want to. I can feel a pain in my chest, and hear the sounds of my wolf whimpering in my head. *Please don't cry, Please!* I beg my wolf, and I can hear her crying subside a little.
*Our mate rejected us! There's nothing to live for now, please Leona, tell me why he would cause us pain.* My wolf cries out to me. 
*I don't know,* I honestly don't know what the heck is wrong with him to do that. I can feel the my body being lifted and placed on something soft, I'm guessing my bed. I force my eyes open and my vision is blurred by lights. After blinking a few times, I look around to find myself in my room on my bed. I'm still wearing the same outfit from the date. My wolf cries at that thought. I feel my heart shatter at her pain.

"OHHH you're awake, you're alive!!" Emily jumps with joy and hugs me. I feel no joy and give her no smile, but an emotionless face. Nana is standing behind her with a sad look and Kyle is sitting next to me with an upset look as well. 
"What happened?" I ask, bringing a hand to my aching chest and look around. The pack doctor runs in just after I ask that, and pushes Emily out of the way as she takes a seat next to me.
"Are you ok, sweety? I heard they found you passed out on the floor,"
"Mom, its ok, im fine." I lied. I am not fine, my mate just rejected me! But I can't tell her that, Its frowned apponed \ to be rejected or reject your mate. My mom, being the pack docter, checked me to make sure I was ok. I told her I was fine, that I just felt dizzy because I didn't drink enough water and passed out. She sighed and gave me a kiss on the head. Leaving the room, she left me there with Kyle, Nana and Emily. They looked at me with upset faces, except for Nana. I can tell she knew I was lying and I avoided looking her in the eyes. 

"Hey, well since your feeling better maybe we can go down to the lake. All the juinors and seniors are having a get together and BBQ." Emily brought up. Right now I didnt feel like leaving my room. I felt like crawling in a ball and crying myself to death. Death, that sounded perfect right now. No, I can't be thinking that. I shook my head of those thoughts. It's my wolfs fault im thinking of such crazy things.
It's said that when a mate gets rejected, the wolf inside can barely bare it and ends up dying from depression or commiting susiced. On most occasions, when the wolf dies, the person dies as well. Some people survive without their wolf and end up living life like a regular person, I'm not going to be like that. I'm going to cheer my wolf up and show her we don't need that jerk as a mate. 

"Yeah, lets go to the lake," I smiled.

The fresh smell of pine and lake water enter my nose as we near the lake. The windows of my jeep wide open letting in fresh air. After agreeing to coming to the lake, Emily cheered while Nana just smiled but continued to look at me like I was unsure. After throwing on my bikini and a pair of shorts and tanktop on top, we left the house. I geared the jeep on the dirt road and over rocks. I look over at Kyle and see him looking at me. A soft smile on his face. I give him a smile back. 
"You have been awfully quiet the whole drive here," Kyle sighs while taking my small hand in his. 
"Just thinking, thats all," was the best response I can give at the moment. 

We finally arrive to the lake and immediately ,the smell of alcohol hits my nose. I jump out of the car followed by the rest. Emily and Nana are chatting a mile a minute behind me and Kyle came up to me wrapping his arm around my waist. I look up at him and give him smile before he started tugging me towards the lake. My wolfs crying has finally subsided and she grew to love the comfort Kyle brought to us. 
*You know what, screw our mate! We don't need him, we have Kyle!* my wolfs screamed out in my head. I laughed at my wolfs attempt with trying to get over Luke. Oh speak of the devil, Luke came jumping out of a red pick up truck with a Noah and Seth. They were all laughing, that's until Luke looks my way and his smile flips upside down. He looked pained, and from  where I was standing about 10 feet from him, I can feel his wolf howling to me. I give him a hard glare before wrapping my hand with Kyles and drag him away to Nana and Emily. Nana found a good spot under a few trees near the lake to lay down all our stuff. She laid out a blanket and placed all our stuff on it. Already she has stripped down into her bikini, which consisted of a blue strapless top with a blue, green and purple bottom piece. I look at Emily, and see sh'es already putting sunscreen on her extremely pale skin, her bathing suit is a simple yellow one piece. 

"Hey, lets get in the water now, that water looks refreshing!" Kyle jumps up and down with joy. Emily started laughing and kicked sand at Kyle, making him growl when sand landed on his hair. He grabbed a hand full of sand and that right there started the chase. Emily running and screaming while Kyle ran behind her, throwing sand at her. Those two, I swear. I pulled my shirt and pants off, leaving me in my black bikini. I pulled my hair into a messy bun. 

I can hear a whistle from behind me and see Nana whistling at me. That's when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me up. I let a scream out as I'm flung onto someones shoulder. I turn my head and get a glimpse of black hair and know its Kyle, and that when I knew what he was doing. I try and get him to let me go, but his grip was strong and I pulled my hand to my nose. That's when the feel of cold water surrounded me and a gasp leaves my lips as I'm submerged under water. I open my eyes to see I'm floating in front of Kyle under the water. He is looking at me as well. This isn't right, I shouldn't be like this with Kyle, he's my friend. My best friend. I can feel my lungs burn from the lack of air, but I was so entranced by Kyles blue eyes as they stare into mine- my werewolf eyesight giving me the ability to see underwater really well. 
Kyle seem to be craving air and decides to bring us both up. His arm wrapped tightly around my waist, pressing my chest to his.

"Leona, I need to tell you something," Kyle sighs as he tightens his grip on me. I'm shocked by the tone in his voice and just nod. What could he possibly tell me that is so important at the moment? 

"I like you Leona, I always have. I've liked you for years, but you seemed to never notice," What?! Kyle likes me!! Why would he like me? I thought he only saw me as  best friend. I can feel my wolf perk up inside me, intrigued to hear more of what Kyle had to say. 
*You're an idiot, he kissed you last night, what do you think that means?!* my wolf says sarcastically in my head. 
*Shut up, i don't need your sarcasm right now!* 
I thought that kiss was an in the moment thing everybody did after a date. I've never been on a date, so really I didn't know. I start zoning out when a whine came from Kyles throat. Obviously, he will be impatient, he just admitted to liking me and I haven't said anything but stare. 
*But our mate! Leona!* my wolf cried. Oh yeah that jerk. 
*Why do you care so much about him, he rejected us! Why are you still hung up on him!* 
*Because he's suppose to love us!* 

"Leona, please say something. Its been past like 5 minutes and you have yet to say something but look at me weird," Kyle pleaded. I snapped out from my argument with my wolf and stared at Kyle.
"You really like me, like for real?" I asked. This isn't right, he probably was admiting his friendship love to me, if that even existed.

"Yes, I do. I wanna be the one to hold you and kiss you. I want to be the one to protect you. I also have a strong feeling that we might be mates," Kyle smiled. I gulp as the thought of him finding out I already found my mate. We continue to float in the water, as people laughed and played in the water, but no, im here stuck in a problem the damn moon put me in. Why couldnt the moon goddess hook me up with Kyle as my mate, he is so sweet.

"And what if we aren't mates? And you find yours?" My question brings a frown to Kyle face as he seems to think that over.
"Then we will worry about that when my birthday comes in 2 months, but for right now, I wanted to know, will you be my girlfriend?" My eyes widen as I pounder his question in my head. 

*No leo, we have a mate already!*
*One the rejected us! Get over it!* That's when my wolf goes quiet on me. I look over Kyles shoulder and see a certain, asshole looking at me from the shore of the lake. He looked mad, while a certain slut..*cough* Cortney *cough*, hung from his shoulder moving her hips against him very sexually. He looks at me intensly and takes a swig of beer from his beer bottle. 

You know, I should be able to date Kyle, he treats me right and likes me. I turn and give a Kyle a big smile before leaning in and planting my lips on his.

** SO my lovely readers, I would like you to check our my friends werewolf story called "Gone with the wind" Its only 2 chapters in and it really good so far, so if you can do that please! Also I need a discription for Cortney in this story. I dont want to do typical blond girl with clown face like all the other storys on wattpad are, but I would like a discription of her. Thanks :)***