chapter 3

***Luke POV***

My wolf inside me sprang to life the second I smelled that delicious smell from earlier before. The smell of caramel and vanilla. I remember going to practice the other day, only to be ambushed by that amazing scent, but just like that it was gone. Now I can smell it, but alot stronger then before. I look up and down at Leona as she scans her eyes across the crowds of people and roll my eyes. The mere presence of her pisses me off. I scan my eyes across the crowd frustrated that I can't pinpoint where that smell is coming from. That's when I heard a sigh from beside me and the small contact of skin on my arm that sent electric wave of pleasure up my arm. I can feel my wolf surface as my strength to control him weakened. I can feel my canines enlarge as my eyes turn black. 

I pushed Leona against the table.

"Mine!" I growled. She looked up at me with her big green eyes, not with fright or anger but with lust, which turned me on so much. I was lost in her eyes when two pairs of arms wrapped around my body pulling me back. I can feel a growl escape from my mouth. 

"Luke, calm down and control your self!" a familiar voice rang next to me. I can feel my wolf fall back with force as my human strength came back. I look up and see my dad standing in front of me, his dark brown eyes scolding me and his mouth set in a straight line, his white hair combed back. I look around to find everybody staring at me, shocked. My dad just used his alpha voice on me for the first time, that has never happened before. I stared, shocked also. 

"What has gotten into you?" My dad asked, all seriousness in his voice. That's when I realized what just happened. My mate was Leona. Thee Leona that pisses me off everyday and beats me in wrestling, even though I'm never going to admit that to her. I find her standing in front of the table, a look of hope written across her face.

"Nothing father, I just got pissed off and took my anger out on Leona, I'm sorry." I mumble, while looking away from her. 

"Control yourself next time Luke, I don't want to hear when you're alpha, that you're abusing your powers," He growled. I pulled my eyes up to meet his with anger, how dare he insult my position of future alpha. We didn't break eye contact for a while until he scoffed and walked away to a group of pack members. I can feel my wolf inside raging with anger back and forth from being put on the spot like that and for being yanked away from his mate. Oh yeah his mate. I turn back to the table to find that Leona isn't there but an angry Kyle scolding me with a glare, until he stalked off towards the house.

"Yo man, what happened back there?" Noah, my future beta asked. His puffy brown hair standing all over the place as he stared at me with worried brown eyes. Seth stood next to him, equally worried, his straight blond hair covering his blue eyes. Seth was a typical surfer boy. 

"Um, nothing. She just pissed me off, you know how me and Leona are. Anyways, lets get back to everybody and forget this happened." I plastered a fake smile on my face. I can see Noah look at me with uncertainty, knowing full well that that I was lying, but didn't push it any more.

***Leona POV***

That bastard!! How dare he?! He knows we're mates, yet denied it right there to my face and his dad! Yeah I hate him and all but still we are mates, mates are suppose to be the one person you love no matter what, and maybe I would have given him a chance if he wanted a mate, but you know what, forget that. Fuck him! I ripped the door open to my room and slammed it behind me expecting to hear a loud bang that never came. I turned around to find Kyle standing there holding the door, his face showing clear pity. I hate pity. 

"What do you want Kyle?!" I growled, while throwing my heels in the closet and pulling my hair into a bun. Kyle just simply shrugged and threw himself on my bed and started rolling around in my blankets, making a mess with them. I can feel my anger lessen and my wolfs crying 'calm down'. A smile appeared on my lips when I notice Kyle wrap himself up in a burrito. I can see his head pop out from one side and look at me, his black hair in a giant mess.

"What are you doing you weirdo?" I laughed, while taking a seat next to my burrito friend.

"Cheering you up, Luke is an asshole and you shouldn't let him bother you." Kyle smiles up at me, his big blue eyes shinning. For some reason my wolf took comfort in the fact that he was trying to cheer me up, but still a little pissed at him for calling our mate an asshole. OH wait, not our mate, because he is no mate of mine, he's your mate, I argued with my wolf in my head. 

"Do you want to go on a run with me?" I ask while standing up. Kyle nods and attempts to get up, but fails due to the blanket. I laugh at him and decide to help out in the only way possible, I grab one side of the blanket and tug really hard, making him fall on the floor in a giant heap. Kyle looks up at me with a glare from under his messy black hair. Oh this isn't good, Kyle always gets me back when I do something to him. I turn from him and make my escape, my werewolf hearing letting me know that he is right behind me. I pick up my speed while flying down the stairs. I come to the last steps and pull myself around the corner, making my break down the hallway. I turn around and see Kyle only a few feet away from me with a determined look on his face. Pack members move out of the way as I make my way to the door, almost knocking people down. I pull the door open and pick up my speed as I make my way across the front lawn. 

Our pack house is located in the middle of the woods, so I make a bee line for the trees. I can feel my wolf inside me wake to life as my bones pop out of place and my muscles extend. I can feel the hair sprout on my arms and my muzzle come out. What was once a painful experience to go through when shifting, now feels natural. My dress rips up and lays across the grass when I make it to the edge of the woods. I stop and look behind me and notice Kyle standing behind me looking at me with a puzzle look as to why I stopped. I look him up and down and notice his wolf, which was once half my size, is now the size of a horse. My wolf only a bit smaller, yet his was massive, the color of his fur a beautiful black color compared to my caramel color wolf, his eyes matching his human eyes but now are more enhanced  and is bright with colors of blue and green. My wolfs eyes are still green, but a more bright, shinier color. 

I wag my tail and take off into the woods, with Kyle right behind me. And that's all we did for the rest of the afternoon, chase each other until the sun sat on the horizon and the moon slowly came up.

Friday morning, I let out a yawn as I opened my locker, the hallways empty due to it being early in the morning. I pull my text books out that I need for my class when I hear a noise come from down the hallway. The blue and white tiles on the floor leading up to a set of big blue doors. Standing at the doors was the one person I really didn't want to see today. Really, out of everyone, it had to be him. I can feel my wolf awaken with joy at being close to her mate. His brown eyes lock with mine as he walks down the hall way with his buddies behind him. I notice the way his muscles tensed under his wrestling t-shirt. He's always dressed in sports clothes, always coming in gym shorts and t-shirts while carrying his gym bag. His amazing scent hit me when he stood in front of me, his face holding a cocky grin that he always gave me. 

"Ready to be beaten in the match this afternoon , Leo?" He asked in an over confident tone. I rolled my eyes as I leaned my back against the lockers. All my wolf kept saying in my head was 'mate, mate, mate'. She was jumping with joy. I don't understand her, yesterday he clearly rejected us and here she is happy with seeing him. At the thought of him rejecting us made a wave of hurt flash threw me.

"Um, yeah," I mumble as I turn around ready to leave him. His friend Noah, aka my future beta tensed and looked me over with a worried expression. 

"Are you ok?" He asked taking a spot next to me. He was always the nicest out of the three idiots. Seth was sorta nice sometimes, but he was still an asshole. 

"Yeah I'm fine, just thinking that's all," I shrugged while walking away from the group. I turned back around to face them, when I noticed Luke looking at me with a worried expression. His eyes clearly showing sadness. You know what, if he doesn't want me as a mate, I might as well show him I moved on. 

"OH and also, I was thinking about my date that I'm having tonight." I smiled and turned leaving the boys standing there, but not before I saw Luke's clear expression of anger and Noah and Seth looking confused. I left through the doors of the hallway, before they shut I can hear the slamming of a locker and growl echo. OH, I love being a bitch.

SO comment about what you think of this story so far :D Also share, and vote. I feel happier the more votes there are and when that happens I update a lot faster! Anyway, goodnight or good morning.