Chapter Nine

I'm watching TV when Piper stalks into the room. Her hair is a little messy, but other than that she looks stunning. No, I did not just say that. She rubs her eyes a few times before she walks over to me.

"How'd you sleep?" I question.

"Not well. I kept dreaming about...what happened earlier."

I turn off the television and get up.

"I already told you how sorry I am about that."

She nods, "I know. I just couldn't get that image out of my mind. That's all."

"Well, you woke up a little late. It's already ten."

"I've been asleep that long?"

"Yeah. I didn't want to wake you, so I made you some dinner. It's in the fridge."

"I didn't know you cooked."

"You don't know a lot of things about me. But, we'll work on that tomorrow."

"You're going to bed now?"

"Was planning on it."

"Oh."

"But I can stay up if you want."

"No, it's okay. Really. I'm hungry anyway."

"Okay. Goodnight Piper."

....

Piper's POV:

I force a smile to my lips as he tiredly walks away. I was hoping he'd stay awake with me, but that would've been selfish of me.

I open up the fridge to see a tub of spaghetti on the top rack. I heat it up and sit down at the table.

It feels strange being in Niall's apartment with him. I'm not exactly sure how to feel about it, but I'm grateful he's letting me stay. I can't help but wonder what Will is doing right now. He probably doesn't care that I'm gone. On the other hand, he might be super pissed and looking for me right now. I choose to go with the first one, though deep down it hurts.

I slurp up the noddles and focus on spinning them on my fork. I still picture Niall with that girl. She really enjoyed it. I'm sure I would if... what? I shake that thought out of my mind. I hate to admit it, but I actually do feel at home here. And I'm surprisingly comfortable around Niall. He listens to me, and he makes me feel wanted. Even though we just met the other day, I feel like I've known him for years.

The front door opens, and for a minute I think it's Will. Fortunately, it's not. It's another man with shaggy brown hair and a beer in his hand.

"Um, who are you? Where's Niall?"

"In his bedroom sleeping."

"You answered one of my questions."

"I'm Piper. A friend of Niall's. He's letting me stay here for a few days if that's okay with you. I didn't know he had a roommate."

"You're the girl from the bar that he keeps talking about, right?"

I nod. I'm shocked that Niall's been telling his friend about me.

"Well, a friend of Niall's is a friend of mine. You're welcome to stay here as long as you like."

"Thanks." I can't tell if he's drunk or not, but I'll take him up on his offer.

"I'm off to bed. Night Piper."

"Night strange guy."

"Derrick" I hear him say from down the hall.

"Night Derrick." I mumble, continuing to eat the food that Niall has prepared for me.

I stare off into space again and think about all the things that have recently happened. Was I jealous when Niall slept with that other girl? Of course not. Why would I be? I mean, I was a little upset. But I also fall head-over-heels for guys fast. I haven't been able to fall in love since I met Will. He barely lets me out of the house. I've always wanted to leave Will since I met him. But I haven't gathered up the courage to do that yet.